Author Topic: Spaghetti Squash Custard! What?!  (Read 3371 times)

AliciaInTX

Spaghetti Squash Custard! What?!
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
Oooh! Just came across this recipe and wondered how we could tweak it for FTS. I want to try it!!! What do you think we should try instead of the cornmeal? Any other tweaks??

http://baking.food.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-custard-pie-for-weight-watchers-297937  

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Spaghetti Squash Custard! What?!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Almond meal?  It doesn't use much cornmeal so I wonder what it does.

Interesting concept.

Let us know how it turns out.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »
I was wondering the same thing Andrea.  Strange that it only has 4 Tbs of corn meal.   ???  That crust on the picture sure looks to be thicker than that....haha  

Of course we know we don't want to use the Splenda sugar substitute.  Instead use 1/2 cup equivalent of FTS Zero (24 drops) or if using xylitol maybe !/3 cup.
Also I would ditch the 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk as well.  Notice the nutritional info says (Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash Custard Pie for Weight Watchers)  They will use the  fat-free evaporated milk to cut the fat.  To cut the carbs use 0 carb heavy whipping cream instead. If it were me I would use  1/2 cup for this recipe.  Or 3/4 cup and cut the water to 3/4 cup  ;)  

I very interested to know how this turns out....please let us know  :)

By the way Alicia your ticker is looking marvelous!!! 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:45:29 PM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »
There is also a condensed milk recipe in The Bakery Book which would work great too for the evaporated milk ;)