Author Topic: Has anyone heard or taken this ?  (Read 2167 times)

joagain

Has anyone heard or taken this ?
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:13:44 AM »
My poor fried that has Type 2 Diabetes likes to take pills to fix everything . I have tried to convince her to try to FTS but she says she can not stop eating carbs she has to have them .
 You can bring the horse to the water but you cant make them drink . But anyway she was on diet pills of some kind lost some weight then the doc would not give her anymore so of course she gained then he told her to cut the fat out and take 5 HTP .

I googled it & on amazon Now makes it , seems like it would be helpful just wanted to see if anyone heard of it . Suppose to help with Ocd ,depression ,metabolism .

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-5-HTP-100mg-VCaps/dp/B0013OQI1W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1303639642&sr=8-4

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone heard or taken this ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
Hey Jo,
  I've heard of it; but I've never tried it nor have I done much research on it myself.  I've heard it is supposed to help with weight loss and mood.  It was the "supplement of the week" about a year or so ago; meaning that everyone was talking about it for a minute... Sorry I can't be more help. :(

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:26 PM »
Your friend needs a new doctor and a swift kick in the butt.

OK, let me get this straight, your friend can't live without  bread and pasta but can live with diabetes, current or oncoming obesity, high blood sugar and heart disease. Is it just me or does this sound ridiculous to you. Of course a person can live without carbs, especially on the FAT TO SKINNY eating plan where we have low sugar low carb replacements for both. What she is lacking is what I term the “WANT TOO” It's that simple. She either wants to lose weight or she doesn't. It's all about priorities and how important her health is to her.

You're right Jo, you can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I have a friend just like this and I've been watching her die over the past 10 years. Nothing I say can dissuade her from her course. It's sad and it breaks my heart but I found the the best thing to do was to quit trying, it's like talking to a brick wall.

There is no magic pill Jo, carbs are carbs and they are the problem.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

For some folks, all we can do is pray.

We can pray that the Good Lord knocks some sense into them before they take themselves out.

The Lord's discipline (i.e. teaching) can be quite unpleasant.
Hopefully, He does not need to resort to His more severe methods (just ask Old Testament Job).
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »
The warning are pretty severe for this.I always figured if there was a magic pill for weight loss everyone would be skinny! :)

joagain

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:27:30 PM »
That is exactly what I told her I said you know diet pills dont work she has already has type 2 diabetes she is crazy I dont want  to take anything I like being drug free and that includes the drug SUGAR !!! 

Sad but I can only worry about those who try :( Help the one that want to be helped !

Prozac for depression /ocd is what started my big weight gains I can only hope that when I finally hit my goal she will see that FTS works I guess because it is taking me so long I am not a great example of how great FTS really works >

Notice I said when not if I reach my goal !!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
Being drug free is a wonderful place to be.

And yes Jo... I did notice you said "when" you reach your goal and not "if".

By allowing yourself no alternative but success, you WILL succeed!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
Its sad Jo, but the simple truth is that only oneself can make that change.. Without the "want too" NOTHING will work...  :-[

Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »
I guess because it is taking me so long I am not a great example of how great FTS really works >

Oh Really.......how's your blood profile and Tylers?  ::) ::)   ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)