Author Topic: Struggling  (Read 4395 times)

readyforthis

• View Profile
Struggling
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »

I can already see that this change will work if I will stick with it.  My problem right now is self-control. At this point I am simply asking for prayer that I can resist temptation and not be the self sabotaging person I frequently become!  I am still having some detox issues SEVERAL weeks into this.  I continue to have headaches and muscle aches (not sure if this is detox or not).   I am trying several new/converted recipes each week so I am trying to rebuild my go-to meals.
  I am frustrated with myself that I have already stalled out with the weight loss but this week I have determined that I am not going to fall off the deep end and that I will be prepared for each day and I am not going to be so obsessed with the scale. I have been weighing every day and often get upset when I see the lack of results.
I am struggling with a lifetime of emotional eating.  In my family and at my church we celebrate everything with food. I also typically feed boredom, anger, happiness, sadness and any other emotion out there.  I am trying to come up with different activities for each of these.

Thanks for allowing me to vent and please pray for me on this journey!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
We can pray for you but you do have to pull the strength from within.  Plan ahead for your day.  If you know there will be something come up during your day that may hinder your progress, plan for it.  Carry FTS snacks in your purse, have the snack tray ready in the fridge.  Plan the night before what you are having for your meals, so you aren't arriving in the kitchen starving, not knowing what you are going to eat and just grab anything.  Make a food journal so you can see where you have run into problems and can adjust it.

Even though they say not to, I weigh myself everyday and put it on a chart and average my weight at the end of the week.  Even though I may be up a pound or 2 one day, the next few days I may be down, but as I look at the "average column" I see a steady downward climb.

Just keep in the front of your mind how much better you feel without sugar in your life and where you would like to be a year from now.  If you continue to eat the wrong things your weight will increase and your health will be in jeopardy.  Keep on the FTS path and you will be a healthier, thinner, happier you.  You are responsible for your own future!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
Hi readyforthis!  :)

ShihTzuMom1 is giving you some excellent advice.

If you are having an overly long detox period, it could be that you are eating too much "sugar" (i.e. net carbs) while you're trying to detox FROM "sugar".
This will also cause your weight loss to stall out, as well.

Like ShihTzuMom1, make a journal of EVERYTHING you eat everyday.
Include how much, when, and how you were feeling BEFORE you ate.
This will help you pinpoint problem areas so you can fix them.

I will pray for you to as I pray for all our family here at the FTS forum.
Remember, the Lord helps those who will meet Him halfway and help themselves.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »
Good morning Readyforthis. Have you cleaned out your house yet? It's important to "bulletproof" your home and your workspace and ...yes, your car  :o. Get rid of everything that causes the temptations in the first place. Replace everything with FTS snack trays, entrees and ingredients. BE STRONG, you'll get through it. Remember, GOD helps those who help themselves  ;)  You should also check out the meal plan board, lots of great ideas- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »
and I'm right here at work to help you! I can also chase off anyone who is trying to tempt you with non FTS foods. I don't mind being the mean one!  : )

In fact, we are having tea together later this afternoon!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
Wishing you luck, too! :)

It's frustrating, especially to get on the scale everyday and see no change. I'm a daily-scale-hopper and it can make or break my day. I also couldn't do what Doug suggested and get rid of foods in my house because there are 6 of us here. I started off eating foods I normally ate and liked that went along with the FTS program. Good luck, again!