Author Topic: Low Carb Pizza  (Read 4918 times)

csmith71

• View Profile
Low Carb Pizza
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
The rest of my family is supportive but not willing to go through this program with me at this point (wait until I drop some more weight...and they'll be onboard).  Every Friday night is pizza night.  This past Friday it was tough to watch....the Friday before I had 7 pieces!  Anyway, I recall Katary had a recipe for low carb pizza that was easy (I think with porkrinds as the crust?), but I couldn't find it when I searched.  Can anyone post it...or a similar one?  I would like to be able to buy what I need at the basic grocery store where I shop...no specialty items there.  I was hoping to eat it this Friday for pizza night.  Thank you!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Low Carb Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3814.0
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4252.0
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4439.0

These links should give you some ideas.

When you are searching, make sure you are in the highest level of the board.  Right under the flashing yellow "Ready to get skinny?" sign, click on Fat to Skinny Low Carb Forum and then search.  Then you'll be searching the entire forum.  If you are in a specific section, your search will only look at that section. 

By the way, you have one of the basic skills for success:  planning ahead.  It's only Monday and you are making sure that Friday goes well.  Congratulations on that.

csmith71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »
Awesome.  Thank you!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
I like lavash or low carb tortillas but when I want deep dish I make the spinach bread out of the Bakery book. It will make 2 pizzas or one large. ;)  Kids like it too.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Hi csmith71! :)

As with most endeavors in life, planning will determine success or failure.
Like the old adage says... "Failing to plan is planning to fail.".

Have a GREAT pizza night!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Amandacheryl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »
I found a recipe on a low carb site that mixes one eggs with a healthy amount of cheese, spread it out really thin and bake until it becomes crispy. Then put on your toppings and bake again. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked pretty good.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
I found a recipe on a low carb site that mixes one eggs with a healthy amount of cheese, spread it out really thin and bake until it becomes crispy. Then put on your toppings and bake again. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked pretty good.

Sounds like it may be good, Amanda! :) :) :)

Please let us know how it turns out.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
I used to HATE pizza nights...then I figured out how to make my own and now I look forward to them (we have them Friday night, too!). I drizzle a little bit of canola oil in a pan on the stove and heat it....then, I take two low carb tortillas (the ones I like are 2 net carbs each) and put them into the pan, moving them around and flipping them over to evenly distribute the oil. Then, I cook them in the pan until they kind of bubble and brown. Then, I take them out and set them on a cookie sheet to cool and harden for a couple of minutes. While they're cooling a bit, I chop up a clove of garlic per pizza crust(tortilla) and spread it onto crusts. I also add some thinly sliced shallots and some torn up bits of fresh basil. Add a sprinkling of mozzerella (but not a TON of cheese, just sprinkle a bit on...maybe 2 tblspoons per tortilla?). Then I'll add a few slices of pepperoni or a couple of slices tomato and some broken up pieces of bacon. Sprinkle with fennel seeds and thyme, then bake in the oven at 405' until cheese is melted.

These pizzas smell SO good when they're cooking and are SO flavorful! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »
Hi Alicia!  Boy those sure sound really good....thanks for sharing  ;D

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »
WOW..... That sounds really good Alicia ;D I'll have to try that ;D ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »
I also use low carb tortilla or pitas to make pizza.  I spray them with cooking spray and broil to get them crispy.  Watch them close or they will burn.  After they are crispy I pile them high with pre-cooked hamburger, canadian bacon, pepperoni and zero carb cheeses.  A little low carb marinara sauce and more cheese.  I also add a little crushed red pepper.  Soooo tasty.  I am missing pizza now.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »
HiYa Alicia! Nice to see you! 29 pounds that is great! How is froglover?

AliciaInTX

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Hi Umpa!
I'm still around!  ;D  I'm very strict with my diet, as I've found that I plateau when I don't keep it super simple. When I hit my goal weight and can start eating some of your awesome low carb treats, I'm sure I'll be here a lot more often! :) In the meantime, I still check in every few days!
Froglvr is still my favorite neighbor and as awesome as ever.

Enjoy the pizzas, guys! They're one of my favorite things ever and totally make up for not being able to eat the carb-laden stuff the rest of the family gets on Fridays! True, there's no marinara sauce....but the garlic, shallots, basil and fennel seeds add SO much flavor!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
Oh...Big Tex! Run to HEB and grab the low-carb tortillas that they have in the bakery section. They aren't with the tortillas on the bread aisle but usually on a table in the bakery. They have large ones and small ones. The small ones are only 2 net carbs and are better than any other low-carb tortilla I've tried! AND they're made locally, in Dallas, and taste super fresh! I don't know the name off the top of my head, but I'll find out for you. I have one every day for lunch, wrapped around a fried egg and, as mentioned, they're great for pizzas. I've even made myself some nachos by crisping one up in canola oil in a pan, allowing to cool, then cut up, add some shredded colby jack cheese and pop in the microwave. Would be an awesome meal if you added some shredded lettuce, avacado and chicken! In fact...I totally know what I'm making for dinner tonight....

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
Alicia, Alicia, Alicia.... Woman you are such a tease :D :D :D That sounds awesome!!! please let me know when you find out the names ;D its kinda funny you mention the no sauce on the pizza lol I never liked the red pizza sauce myself, I prefer the alfredo or garlic butter ;D my favorite is spinach alfredo and chicken bacon ranch with garlic butter ;D Yummy ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)