Author Topic: Ketosis  (Read 3041 times)

AliciaInTX

Ketosis
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Hey,
I haven't see any mention of ketosis on here or in the book (or maybe I missed it?). Is this something that we're shooting for? Does anyone here use keto-sticks to monitor their levels of ketosis?
Thanks!

shawn116

Re: Ketosis
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
Hi Alicia  If you go to the home page and do a search on any subject it will bring up all posts about it in the forum.  Make sure you are on the home page because if you do a search in a specific thread (like General Discussion or Ask Umpa for instance) it will only search in that thread.  I'm pretty sure it has been touched on before.  I hope this helps  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
Oh I meant to add that I did buy them a while back just out of curiosity.  LOL  It showed that I was in it  ;D  I pretty much think it is a waist of money in my opinion though.  It only gives me something else to obsess about.   ;)  If the scale is going down or at least not up and I feel good I'm ok with that.  I suppose some would find it usefull though  :)

AliciaInTX

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
Oh, thanks! I didn't see the search box before. I just did a search and you were right, of course. Lots of discussion! :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
 ;D  Happy reading...LOL  Love this place  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »
Just detox for 2 weeks and you will feel your body turn into a burning machine! Your energy will go through the roof! Are you a musician in Austin?My daughter is in Austin right now.She is at UT for orientation this morning for the start of her junior year! ;D My Pride and Joy!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Hi Umpa! :)

UT is a great school!... You have every reason to be proud of your little girl! :)
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »
Hi Alicia! :)

Be careful not to become obsessed with things like Ketostix ,scale measurements, etc..

We are carb/food addicts.
Addictive personality types have obsessive tendencies.
We need to keep an eye out for things that can become obsessions.
Obsessions rob us of our happiness!

The best way to do FTS is to relax and enjoy it.
FTS is a pleasant lifestyle. That's how Doug intended it to be.
Follow it's simple rules, and you'll do just great! ;)

That being said, if you would just like to know when your body has been in ketosis, Ketostix will tell you.
But remember, ketosis is the result of fat burning. But it's not weight loss itself.

Losing weight is a very complex biochemical process. Much more than a number on a scale, or Ketostik color.
So relax, follow the FTS rules, and enjoy the journey to a new you. :) :) :)

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
You always have such a wise and simplistic way of explaining things.  I, too, use Ketostix and I find myself being discouraged if it doesn't turn purple even when I know I am eating right.  I need to relax too and JUST DO IT! 

And to all, I feel so much better and don't have that tired feeling.  Just work the program, and the program will work for you.  BTW, heavy cream in my coffee vs the powdered or liquid stuff is awesome.

[/url]

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »
... Just work the program, and the program will work for you. ...

Hi Nadine! :)

Yours are wise words!

BTW, any of us who use Ketostix should be aware that even when those sticks show no change, this does NOT mean that our bodies are not involved in another weight loss process.

Sometimes we're in ketosis. Sometimes, we're not.
Sometimes the scale moves down. Sometimes, it does not.
Sometimes the tape shows size loss. Sometimes, it does not.

All these things are normal parts of the FTS journey to a skinny you!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
NSANDS you are doing great! ;)
Alicia i  have a grandbaby too!He is two and i wish I could bottle his energy and sell it! :D