Author Topic: Bacon & Eggs  (Read 3468 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bacon & Eggs
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:55 AM »
Is it wrong to eat bacon and eggs every day?  I used to vary my breakfast but at the moment I seem to be stuck on having an egg and 2-3 slices of bacon on a daily basis (if not for breakfast then another meal).  It satisfies me for hours on end but am wondering if I should make a supreme effort and not make it daily.  Maybe I'll get sick of it eventually, but at moment don't see it happening.

Emmitt

• View Profile
Re: Bacon & Eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »
I ate scrambled egg and 2-3 slices of bacon everyday last week but I got sick of it. lol  So I switched to cream cheese pancake & banana nut muffin.  Recently, I bought All Whites liquid egg. It has 0 cholesterol so you can eat as much as you can anyway it has 0 carb!  I ate all white egg beater and banana nut muffin with cream cheese on top for breakfast this morning.  It was good.  I bought all white egg beater at the Walmart.  

Is it wrong to eat bacon and eggs every day?  I used to vary my breakfast but at the moment I seem to be stuck on having an egg and 2-3 slices of bacon on a daily basis (if not for breakfast then another meal).  It satisfies me for hours on end but am wondering if I should make a supreme effort and not make it daily.  Maybe I'll get sick of it eventually, but at moment don't see it happening.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:17:08 AM by Emmitt »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:05:07 AM »
Enjoy your breakfast Morgan! No biggie! This is dougs favorite breakfast too :) I can only eat it a few times a week.I like BLTS too with a egg.That breaks things up and I get  alittle fiber ;)

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
I'm the same way about eggs. I eat egg salad every single morning for breakfast! Actually, I eat the same menu practically every day. Beef tenderloin & veggies for dinner, 2 breeds carbsmart fudge bars for snacks, & water. Been losing a pound a day!! Some bacon sounds good!!! :D

fineman

• I am truely blessed!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
My breakfast 5 days in a week is 2 boiled eggs and 4 strawberries. I figured if I start the day with less than 4 carbs its easier to keep it under 20 carbs then for the whole day.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
I love my bacon and eggs! Shake it up a bit by wrapping your breakfast into a large lettuce leaf with a slice of tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and olive oil...YUMMY!!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:22:11 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Bacon & Eggs
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
Mmmm.. My stomache just growled looking at that picture. That looks delicious Doug!
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
Doug, I have a question for you.  Is lettuce suppose to be 1/2 cup? 2 slices of tomato? thanks

I love my bacon and eggs! Shake it up a bit by wrapping your breakfast into a large lettuce leaf with a slice of tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and olive oil...YUMMY!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
This is my idea of a BLT! The fresh mozzarella is great! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Hi Emmitt, whatever portion size you choose be sure to calculate the net carbs. So if you want an extra slice of tomato no problem, simply add the additional carbs into your 20 for the day count. The measurements in the book are to show you how to calculate the veggie carbs not limited portion sizes.  ;)

Simple rules- Stay under 20 net carbs per day and only eat when hungry watching portions for your personal satisfaction levels.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)