Author Topic: English Muffin Bread  (Read 4795 times)

SarahC

• View Profile
English Muffin Bread
« on: March 31, 2012, 11:42:22 PM »
I'm craving some bread... What would you use for flour in this one, Umpa?

Carole’s English Muffin Bread

5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages RAPID RISE yeast
     (Update: You can use regular yeast, but you will need to let is rise TWICE. Once in the bowl, til it reaches the top…and then again in the pans, til it reaches the top. With the RAPID RISE you only need to let it rise once in the pans.)
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (I used bread flour….but my Mom always used All Purpose)

Mix altogether, then spoon into (4) well greased loaf pans.  Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans, and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. (My oven runs a little hot so I ended up cooking mine for a total of 35 minutes. Just keep an eye on it. You’re looking for golden brown.) 10 minutes before done, brush with melted butter. Makes 4 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to COOL COMPLETELY before cutting. Makes terrific toast.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: English Muffin Bread
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
Almond,but I think you would do better with the breads in the Bakery Book ;) The spinach bread,romano,or if you want a sweet bread Brussadilla.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »
Having company tonight and I opted for the Rosemary Bread, only I put bacon bits in it instead of the rosemary and I used cheddar cheese. Smells delightful!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
Having company tonight and I opted for the Rosemary Bread, only I put bacon bits in it instead of the rosemary and I used cheddar cheese. Smells delightful!

Hi Sarah! :)

Bacon bits are a great substitute!
When you have rosemary, add it too... Rosemary and bacon go great together! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
One of the guys is a real plain-food and picky eater, so I didn't think he'd like rosemary in his bread - I was already pushing it with all the low-carb dishes! I made turnips gratin but didn't tell him what it was. It was SOOO good! I had rotisserie chicken, broccoli and cauliflower for the vegetable, and cucumbers and peppers for the salad. It felt like WAY too much food and I ate little tiny portions. Coconut cake for dessert, with a strawberry on top - and it didn't bother me, so I don't know what the deal is with my bad reaction to the pumpkin muffins. Maybe it's the pumpkin and coconut mix...? Anyway, pumpkin muffins are off my list and coconut is back on!

I used a little salad shooter to grate my cheese. After the first round, I got the next bunch of cheese ready to put in, started the machine and - darn! - it wouldn't put out any cheese! I pushed and pushed and then started looking for the plastic pusher that fits in the hole - finally found it already in the hole - with a bunch of mashed cheese in it! Doh!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
Don't tell your kids about the salad shooter incident.  If they're like mine, the have a list of your senior moments to use against you later. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »
 :D :D :D i like my senior moments they make me giggle  !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
Senior moments?... What senior moments? :-\

If you recognize your "senior moments" and remember them, you're still OK.
But when you have them and not know it or remember, it's time for "assisted living" arrangements. :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
 :D :D :D :D ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
"If I could remember your name I'd ask you if you know where I left my keys."

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
I just leave my keys in the car! I am so over that one! I have a old car and if I lose my keys I have to buy a new ignition! :D
My grandmother died at 94 last year .She had dementia and a wicked sense of humor.She loved to mess with her kids! I was there visiting her and my mother walked in and she winked at me and looked at  my mother and said' Who are you??"My mother immediately started crying and said "oh mother you don't remember me anymore!!" she said"Of course i remember you,get over here and give me some sugar""! She said  to me "you know i am losing my memory" and I said to her "you aren't losing anything at 94 your brain is full and you have to make room for new memories! "She said you need to tell the doctor that because he doesn't understand and keeps giving me these stupid pills" ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »
A sense of humor is one of the gifts you can give the world around you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »
Yep! Life is too short to be too serious!! :D