Author Topic: How I dealt with MY weakness  (Read 3479 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
How I dealt with MY weakness
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
Yes, a weakness  ::) Recently I've found myself squirting a shot of whip cream into my mouth 5 or six times a day. Seems like everytime I opened the fridge I would mindlessly grab the can and take a shot. It got so bad the sound became a dog whistle in our house!

Now how bad can it be? Well, at 1 gram of carbs per 2 tablespoons (one of my shots) 5 or 6 times a day adds up pretty quickly :-\

I dealt with it in the simplest of manners. I put a sticky post it note on the can that says NO

That has put an end to it and once a habit is broken it's broken.

Do you have any weakness stories to share?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

Re: How I dealt with MY weakness
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
First my weakness was SF candie then I made Umpas PB cookies even though they have almost 0 carb too much of a good thing is not good
 Then the  SF 0 carb jello  first it was just the jello one at night at about 6-7 PM
then it was the jello with a small squirt of whip cream
then the squirt got bigger
then it got even bigger
then it was 2 jello with the huge squirt at 6-7 PM

I seen the problem and as Barny in Mayberry says I NIPPED IT THE BUD ,I havnt bought it anymore !!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
My weakness is ice cream! I have to remember its not a food group!! ;) :D I try(and sometimes fail) to only eat it days that i exercise! :)

snobles

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »
My weakness would have to be chocolate. Anything! lol...and chips! Why is it, you can not even be hungry and eat two bags of chips but not even eat one piece of protien? Change of habbits, maybe? I used to could easily down junk food! but when it came to dinner time, wouldn't be able to finish the good stuff?

Rena

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
The whipped cream ... definitely! I am all out and saw a 3-pack of it at Costco yesterday, but I kept walking. No more for me until I get closer to my goal weight.

Sugar alcohols in general have been way too high for me lately, too, which is probably why I'm not losing as much as I'd like. I'm trying (!!!) to take a break from them for a bit and see if that helps. I did have some in my coffee this morning, but not nearly as much as usual.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »
I used to do that with whipped cream in a can constantly too!
At other time grabbing some cheese, meat, or other low carb food when not hungry.

In order to stop, I put a very bright sign on the fridge that simply asked "Are you hungry, REALLY?".
If the honest answer was "Yes", I would have a snack.
If "No", nothing would enter my mouth but maybe ice water!

Anytime I opened the fridge, I'd ask myself that question and avoid those old "snacking while not hungry" habits.
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »
Do you live in my house, Doug?

I eat it right out of the can as well as everyone else...ewww germy!

I found Hood SF whipped cream in the can.  I suppose it's better than the "non-SF" one, right?
I probably just shouldn't buy the stuff ::)

UGH >:(

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

deannae

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »
How do I get started, i mean I bought your book but I just don't know how to actually start!!!!!  :(

joagain

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
Hey Deannae first you start with just a menu of meat eggs and veggies until you get ovwer detox then you can start trying different deserts and recipes .
 If you go to the main page and click on meal plans you can get a idea of what people eat on a daily basis . The first thing you need to do is the three day test In the book

Tommorrow dont eat until you are REALLY hungry you can drink coffee if you like but no sugar in it unless it is stevia or 0 carb sweetner and you can put heavy cream in it ,if it is 11 am before you get hungry then that is ok get something to eat . Then dont eat again until your hungry again .

Drink lots of water you will go thru detox the first few days unless you are very lucky . It could be alot of things you feel but It is amazing how you will feel in a couple of weeks .

I was addicted to bread and I have not had any bread product in 7 months I can not even believe it !!!

Good Luck we are all here to help you . Go to front page and under general open a new topic to introduse yourself .
  Jo

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
The answer is to make your own in small quantities using heavy whipping cream. Slows down the use, less expensive and zero carb :) Only takes a couple of minutes with a hand mixer....add a 1/2 pack of Stevia to up the sweet and a tiny bit of Cinnamon for a new zing!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 09:06:33 AM »
Jo gave you good advice, here's a thread I started on how to get started- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=14.0

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
Hi Deannae!  Welcome to the forum!  I just saw that Doug posted a GREAT thread about what to do the first day!  Give it a try!  If I can do this...ANYBODY can!  Everyone here is on the same path, and they are all so friendly and helpful!  Have fun! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
Welcome deannae! I am umpa,dougs wife if i can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods  to fat to skinny friendly.Read dougs post on getting started.You are gonna be shocked how great you feel after detox! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
Welcome to the family, deannae! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Doug provided some excellent advice for starting out.
After you live this lifestyle for a few weeks, it gets very easy... It becomes second nature!

You're gonna love this lifestyle!!!
There is a low carb replacement for virtually every favorite dish.
What could be better than that! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:53 AM »
Welcome Deannae!!