Author Topic: Eggs with a bite  (Read 5489 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Eggs with a bite
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
Let me start by saying after checking the hidden carbs on Eggland's which say 1 egg is 0 carbs I have revised my carb count here!  70 cal 4 g fat and 6 g protein work out to 3.84 hidden grams  :-X :'(; anyway here's my breakfast this morning.  The cholula sauce and salsa really changed the eggs, ham and cheese to a wonderful breakfast. :D

In a small teflon skillet I heated
2 oz Oscar Mayer Carving Board Ham  .5 carb
1 Tbl real bacon bits    0 carb

In a small bowl I whipped 2 eggs 3.84 carb ?????
and 1 Tbl heavy whipping cream 0 carb and then added to the skillet

When the eggs were half cooked I threw in 1 slice Pepper Jack cheese 0 carb.
I sprinkled with salt, pepper and a trace of onion powder and turned the eggs over to finish cooking.
While they were still in the skillet I topped with 1/8 c shredded Colby Jack and Monterey Jack cheese 0 carb.
When the shredded cheese had melted I removed and placed on a plate.

I topped with 1 tsp Cholula sauce 0 carb and 1 Tbl Med Salsa 1 carb

If I am right this would be about 5.5 total carbs, BUT extremely satisfying and feel completely full.  Disappointed in Egglands (hubby loves them..says they taste better) now I know why.  Any comments of why they are so high?
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

Re: Eggs with a bite
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »
I think I would find me some other kind of eggs  that is crazy ,The  recipe sounds good though

Rena

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:38:43 AM »
Where did you find out the carb count is higher than what they listed on the label?

The recipe sounds great, though. I love anything hot & spicy and especially love Cholula sauce or Tabasco on my eggs.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Rena, TwoSweet sent me a link to a "hidden carb counter" website.
http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/hidden_carbs.html
For kicks and giggles I checked the info on the Egglands and with the info for 1 egg it came out to 3.84 g hidden carbs and the same if I double the cal, fat and protein (2 eggs were 3.84g) so now I am really confused.

It tasted GREAT and is (was LOL) very filling.  I like spicy too, bought the Cholula after watching Doug use it on one of his videos  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:58:14 AM by suzlyn454 »

joagain

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:28 PM »
suzlyn454  My eggs are the walmart brand they are 70 calories 5 fat 6 protein that makes it like .5  I have done alot of things on that hidden carb thing and unless it has a lot of fat ,fiber & protein it will caculate that it has more hidden carbs on just about everything

I have seen it negative carbs more times then I count , the fatsecret says EB eggs or 0 ,I count 1 carb for 2 eggs

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »
Jo,

thanks a bunch for that info.  .5 per egg seems a lot more realistic.  The egglands have the same count as what you calculated, just 1 g fat less (4g fat).  I like your count for 2 eggs equal 1 g carb LOL.  Makes my breakfast a lot more enjoyable!

suz

joagain

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
I know that they cant be 3.84  cause the people following any low carb eat a lot eggs   1 for 2 baby also when Tyler was diagnosed with his Type 1 diabetes  they said they were 0 . We have checked his sugar when he eats 2-3 eggs and no rise at all .
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:30:28 PM by joagain »