Author Topic: Egg Noodles (Dumplings)  (Read 2475 times)

Shoelace

Egg Noodles (Dumplings)
« on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:26 PM »
I don't use wheat gluten or any other type of gluten.  The only flours I am willing to use are nut flours, mostly almond flour, and will also use pork rind flour.  DH and I both get stomach cramps if we eat flax seeds or flaxmeal.  I don't do net carbs because even though I count them as net, my blood sugar only counts total carbs, which is why I don't do coconut flour or the others, too high in carbs for our diabetes.  Sheesh, I'm pretty picky, ain't I?    :o  So if I am giving you an impossible task, I'll understand, but I miss dumplings and am hoping you can figure out something.

Before LCHF I would keep adding flour to 3 egg yolks until it formed a ball.  I'd roll it out thin and cut in thin strips, then drop them in chicken broth.  I have done a few experiments with yolks and a mixture of almond and pork rind flours, but they fell apart when I tried to cook them.  I wonder if microwaving or baking the noodles before dropping them in the broth might work.  Any help would be appreciated.