Poll

Stuck in limbo

yes
1 (33.3%)
no
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: weight-loss stuck  (Read 4445 times)

momofone

• View Profile
    • Email
weight-loss stuck
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:51:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some help....I hve lost 10 lbs but now seem to have bee stuck here for the pas few weeks.....does anyone have any suggestions as to hw I can kick start it again?

Many thanks,

Cory
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:49:51 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's likely that your body is adjusting to the changes it has made and the weight you have already lost.  Take your measurements because it's likely you are shrinking without a change in your weight.  Write down everything you eat.  It's also likely that you've had "carb creep," eating more carbs than you realize.  All of us need to check that occasionally.

My personal favorite piece of advice:  make sure you are drinking enough water. 

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] stuck
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
Its either portion sizes, too much sugar alchohol or sugar is sneaking in somewhere that you don't realize. This has happened to me over my FTS time and it's really hard. I pull back all my foods and just use the staples I trust. I also pull back to 12 carbs, but that's just me. Then when I start loosing again I add things back in. When I stop loosing it shows me what food it was that was causing my problems. I have come across several lunch meats that say 1 carb or less than one that when I eat daily cause me to completely stop loosing. Don't be discouraged though, you can loose again and will!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post your meals on the forum and we will help you.Usually its something you are missing.Splenda ,salad dressings ,and potato starch on presliced and preshredded cheeses usually  are the culprits. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: weight-loss stuck
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »
Hi Cory, please review the info on this board- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=7.0... Welcome to the family :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

momofone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »
I am also having an issue of feeling very dizzy and light-headed....almost to the point that I could faint....my heart races and I feel just plain sick...I have had hypoycemia since childhood in which I have naturally low blood sugar and I am wondering if the removal of the sugar is causing my body to plunge too far.  I  have tried eating a high protein, lower carb when I feel this way and once the sugar is into my system I feel better....any suggestions?  I want to listen to my body and I know what I am feeling is not right...thank yo so much for you help!

Cory

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »
Long distance runners do not carb load.They eat large amounts of protein for a long slow burn.If it is a blood sugar issue you can test yourself and get a immediate reading.When my blood sugar gets low Peanut butter and berries bring it back up till i can get a meal of protein and veggies.Sugar (carbs)is the worst thing because it burns too quick and you are right back into the same cycle.What you are describing sounds like detox.How long have you been off the sugar? :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
Cory, it's important to get a handle on your blood sugar readings. I suggest you pick up a test kit today, if this persists see a doctor. Nothing to fool around with, you need hard data.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

momofone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »
Thank you Umpa and Doug...

I have been offof sugar for about 6 weeks now....  could this be detox? 

I will go and get it ttested this week...

Thanks again!

Cory

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
6 weeks seems like a long time for your body to still be in detox.

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
It sure sounds like sugar issues to me.  Especially if you have a history of hypoglycemia.  I so remember that yo yo... :P LOL  It isn't any fun either.  I hate feeling sick  :P :P   My suggestion would to be to purchase a glucose meter and strips  (Glucometer) if you don't already have one, so that you can test your blood sugar any time you need to. Especially when you are having one of these episodes.   Just going to have it tested won't give you the info when you need it most.   This is nothing to ignore for sure...I'm sure you already know, it is dangerous if your sugar drops to low.  For you and sometimes the people around you depending on what you are doing at the time....Have you talked with your doctor about your new lifestyle?  (Fat to Skinny eating plan) If not you might should have that conversation soon.

Like Doug said...this is nothing to fool around with  ;)  I wish you well Cory

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:48:52 AM by TooSweet »

momofone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
Thanks everyone....

I just went to the dr's and have a requisiton for blood work and I will pull out my glucometer again....:)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »
In 2 weeks you are over detox unless you are still eating sugar.Sometime it sneaks in.Test yourself and if you need help with the reading there are plenty of ex-diabetics on here to help. ;) It will also tell you what foods you are eating that make you spike that may not make someone else spike.  ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
Hey Cory!

Welcome to the FTS family!! I've found that writing down everything that I put into my mouth really helps me get a handle on what's going on! Then, post what you ate and Doug, Umpa & the "family" will help you figure out what you're eating that might be causing the "stall"!!!

It will all become second nature soon and you will know what and how much you can eat and still lose weight!!!

Good luck and I'll be praying for courage and peace for you, my friend!!!   :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
Welcome to the family, Cory!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

This forum is full of folks who care about one another's success with FTS.
As you can see, you've received some wonderful advice.

weight loss involves much more than just a number on the scale.
It's a very complex set of biochemical events. Most of which, we can't easily see or measure.

So keep on keeping on!
And you'll get where you want to be! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!