Author Topic: Paleo Bread  (Read 5047 times)

Mumba

• View Profile
    • Email
Paleo Bread
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
Has anyone tried this product?
http://www.paleobread.com/

Thanks,
Mumba, one week in!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paleo Bread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mumba.  I haven't tried or heard of this bread, but if you have read past posts here,  (how can I put this diplomatically) there have been a few problems with breads from Julian's Bakery  - so tread warily.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
Hi Mumba!If the ingredient list is correct its a ok product. The vinegar and baking soda wiull help it rise but it will be dense not airy as shown.Slicing it thin will help that. Have you tried any of the bread in the Fast to Skinny Bakery? ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »
I saw this on their Facebook page but haven't tried it.  They offer promo code 1776 for $5 off. 

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
I've been tempted to buy it and test my sugar, but I haven't yet...LOL  I just don't miss bread that much any more  :)  I might have to give it a try if I can save $5 bucks  ;D

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:15:55 AM »
I don't crave bread anymore it has been over 2 years since I have had a slice of bread . I have tried low carb breads recipes and I find for me that bread can not be replaced so I will just do without . All the breads I have made and tried just makes me think  about how good my hot fresh French or Italian bread or just a fresh soft piece of sandwich bread was when I use to be addicted .
I like the lavash bread and the pitas if I need replacements but I am fine without it now .

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
Hi Jo! :)

I find Joseph's Bakery lavash bread and pitas a fine substitute for "ordinary bread".

I had some bread about a year ago and found it did not taste as good as I remembered and it bothered my tummy.
Since my body has become accustomed to not eating high carb, those things just don't do it for me anymore.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!