Author Topic: Excited Newbie Looking For Tips  (Read 6708 times)

Amethyst

• View Profile
Excited Newbie Looking For Tips
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »
Excited Newbie Looking For Tips

Hello to anyone who reads this, I'm 58 years old and just now accepting that sugar and other low carb foods are my nemesis.  I think I've known it for a while, but refused to see it as true.

I've just begun a low carb diet at 322 pounds, I'm one full week in and have lost 5 pounds.  While looking for foods to eat that satisfied without adding too many carbs, came across Tofu Shirataki noodles, which in turn lead me to this site.

I'm hoping to glean some usefull information to help me finally lose this weight, I've tried every gimmick in the past only to have it fail me in the end, even when it seemed promising to start.  Again I'm hopeful that this is not a gimmick, that it's in fact real, and will finally yield the results I'm desperately seeking.

I am a food addict, and I'm ready for change.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer me.

Amethyst
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:24:28 PM by Doug Varrieur »

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Excited Newbie Looking For Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
no gimmicks here:) just the gospel!!!! it works:) rid yourself of carbs & find the person you lost ....... who knows how long ago?......oh yeah:) buy the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:09:32 PM by katary »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »
OK Amethyst....deep breath.....I understand exactly what your state of mind is, in fact it's the reason I wrote the FAT TO SKINNY series and have devoted my life to you and all people seeking the weight loss "truth". Lies, deception, cons and gimmicks are rampart in the weight loss industry. It's full of parasites trying to make money off your pain.

I want you to come into our family with total trust and an open mind. No-one will lie to you, no-one will try to sell you stuff (it's not allowed here) no-one will judge you. What you'll find here is pure truth, love and support. All of us want you to live a long healthy life and if we can be a part of helping you do that then we have succeeded in our collective mission. You'll "repay" by doing the same for others coming in behind you.

Now with all that said, Katary is correct...it's important for you to get on the same page with the other members in the forum, that will happen once you've read FAT TO SKINNY Fast and Easy. If you choose not to buy a book (on sale $10.00) you can most likely find it at you library. To see the book click the blue banner above the posts.

Welcome to the party! :) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:10:13 AM »
Amethyst, What an awesome name BTW.  This IS for real. No gimmicks here, just TRUTH.  The enemy is revealed and defeated through Doug's book and the support of Doug and his wonderful wife Umpa.  The group members are amazing and genuine and everyone can just be themselves.  Welcome to the rest of your new life of getting healthier every day!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

founditatlast

• Glad this is a way of life not a diet!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - giftsbydlynn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - founditatlast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
Welcome to the family, Amethyst!  This does work... everyone on this forum is living proof.  Buy the book that Doug wrote and also the recipe book on the same page.  That will get you started in the right direction without feeling at all deprived!  Stay close to the forum, too, there are questions, recipes, encouragement, and general info posted here daily.   Most of all HAVE FUN with this!  It's a new lifestyle not a 'diet'.  We are all here for you!
Diane (founditatlast)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »
Sugar free chocolates! That's my tip for the day lol!  ;D

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
beebs, you are right on!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
I found sugar free godiva chocolates today!!

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
Sugar free godiva ????Where?

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »
Where? Where? Do tell....

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
At Jungle Jims International Market In Cincinnati!

owensmath

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
I have no clue where a Jungle Jims is. I'm sure it's NO WHERE near here! nothing is near here....except Walmart of course

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »
It's in Cincinnati