Poll

should #61 win a book?

yes
3 (50%)
no
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 09:54:10 AM

Author Topic: Canada entry #61  (Read 2277 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #61
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
Good Morning, and thank you for your article re Obesity and Diabetes. I share your feelings about the down-side of sugar, and all the sugary foods out there. I wish food-producers and the Sugar Industry would listen and be responsible in the manufacture of their products. I am a Type 11 diabetic, age 76, diagnosed 20 years ago.

There is no cure for Diabetes. Once diagnosed with it, a person can try to control and manage it with diet, exercise and, most of the time, with the use of medication. The latter does not always mean Insulin injections but, as we age, the condition usually gets worse, and requires closer management, and tighter doctor-supervision. These are the broad-strokes of the treatment of Type 11: Type 1, on the other hand, results from a failure of the pancreas, and that person must have Insulin to stay alive.

Now, admittedly, I have not read Doug's book but I think I can assume that after his weight-loss program, he has successfully taken steps to bring his sugar-count down and, hopefully, prevented and/or delayed complications developing. He's on the right track, and should be commended.

Good luck with your column.

Respectfully,
Donald
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)