Author Topic: Can you tell I like gadgets ?  (Read 2258 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Can you tell I like gadgets ?
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
I bought 2 of these the other day from Amazon.  My first reason for buying was to put my romaine hearts in when I fix them with any kind of filling.  I have trouble getting them to lay flat and put the chicken salad, etc. in them.  After thinking about it I also figure they would be a great "double" dish to store a couple of those stuffed zucchini lasagna in that I made from Doug's recipe.  Since they can be used in the microwave I figured they would serve triple duty.

http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-International-Microwavable-Quick-Steamer/dp/B0002MR0M2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316862877&sr=8-1
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
Re: Can you tell I like gadgets ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:30:25 AM »
Awesome find! I may just have to get me one too.  I order a lot of stuff from Amazon  ;D

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »
Can we say just a side effect from OCD ::) ::)   Sometimes it (OCD )  is so helpful though

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »
 :D :D :D

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Hi Suz,

Just wondering... do you think we ate more because we couldn't control things (ocd)  I wonder as I read your post about ocd, and we have all been saying it this week.  I just realized that when I can't get things in order, or those around me can't do things the way I want them to do, did I or do I eat? 

Even at work, now that I'm thinking about it... If I am having a problem, and can't get it together... I head right for the kitchen (it's huge and packed with food) but... this week I didn't instead I headed for my little bag of goodies and had some cucumber chips that I sliced up in the morning each day. 

joagain

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »
 Yes Mary welcome to the wonderful world of OCD glad to meet ya ! :D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Hi Suz,

Just wondering... do you think we ate more because we couldn't control things (ocd)  I wonder as I read your post about ocd, and we have all been saying it this week.  I just realized that when I can't get things in order, or those around me can't do things the way I want them to do, did I or do I eat? 

Even at work, now that I'm thinking about it... If I am having a problem, and can't get it together... I head right for the kitchen (it's huge and packed with food) but... this week I didn't instead I headed for my little bag of goodies and had some cucumber chips that I sliced up in the morning each day. 

Oh my gosh Mary!!!  YES, I understand what you are saying.  I never looked at it that way but what better way to vent our frustration than with obsessive eating.  Ironically we were "out of control" there too.  Another eye opener for me for sure.  I think that with FTS I am more aware of ME.  I am doing this for ME, so now I am focusing my OCD on being "overprepared" with foods that I can and should eat than with what I have taken off my shelves as forbidden foods.  LOL....am I in control yet?   :o :o

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:47:56 PM »
I think anyone with OCD could easily become a "carb addict".
It's simply a matter of an obsession's object... In this case, food.

However, taking control over your eating with FTS can easily become a healthy obsession.
If you remember to add that obsession with other good things in life, you'll be healthier and feel more liberated! :)
What you do today is what matters!