Author Topic: dr was encouraged by FTS  (Read 1993 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
dr was encouraged by FTS
« on: October 20, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »
Had a dr appt this week.  I had not been to his office since May 25 this year.  According to their scales I had lost 22 pounds (mine still say 20 lol).  When his nurse inquired as to how I was loosing the weight she was very excited and took the FTS website and forum information.  My doctor was very pleased and told me to continue FTS.  His only warning was that if you ever "quit" eating this way be prepared for a shocking weight gain.  I explained that I have learned that this will be a "forever" lifestyle change.  I may not be loosing as fast as I would like, but the other benefits outweigh the slow weight loss.  My clothes are falling off, my wedding ring is loose, my energy level has skyrocketed and I feel great.  Thanks FTS family.

By the way, anyone heard from beebs?

Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: dr was encouraged by FTS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »
Hi Suz! :)

It's wonderful to hear that your doc is supporting your FTS lifestyle.
If we go back to our "old" ways, we'll soon have our "old" bodies again as well.

I was thinking about beebs the other day.
I hope she (and her mom) are OK.
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
Suz, so happy for you, love that report! ;D
It does not matter which way a person lost their weight if they go back to their old ways for sure the fat comes back so fast, I know as years ago I lost lots and as soon as I went back to my 'old ways' it came back so fast it was unreal. Saw my brother do the same thing two times he took off over 100 pounds each time than put it right back on.
Yep change has to be for a lifetime, with maybe a treats along the way.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
Woot Woot!!!  So glad to hear that!!  Well that is at least two doctors in this area that are in agreement with FTS.  Maybe with more people living this way the stores will start stocking more items that are friendly for us!!!  LOL 

Doin the happy dance!! 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »
Funny you should say Woot Woot TooSweet, Beebs was the first one I ever heard that from. According to the forum records she was here last on July 01, 2011, 04:41:26 PM. I wrote her an e mail not long ago and she was just really busy. Click on her envelope and send her an e mail, I'm sure she'll be glad to hear from you. :)

Sticking to the FTS lifestyle for ever is the way all humans should be eating. It's unnatural for a human to be eating grains like livestock, we are hunters and foragers by nature, that's the way we were designed. Our mainstays are proteins, greens and fats. Our added foods are nuts, seeds, berries, roots, other fruits and wild vegetables when in season.

Greed and ignorance to consequences is what has created the multi trillion dollar food industry. Companies like Kelloggs, General Mills, Quaker Oats and Ralston Foods generated over 10 Billion in profit last year selling us COW FOOD! By the way Quaker Oats is the largest cereal company in the world, they are owned by Pepsico who also poisons our population with billions of pounds of sugar in their soda waters..... Oh, I don't want to get started...makes my blood pressure go up! >:( >:( >:(     
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »
Doug we need to hear that so keep on preaching it to us... as for sure it helps  us to be aware of all that.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
Go Suzilyn! ;)