Author Topic: Survived Thai dinner out  (Read 3480 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Survived Thai dinner out
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »
We had a dinner invite last night to eat out at the local "Bow Thai" restaurant.  I was worried that it would be hard to find something to eat, it had been over a year since we had eaten there.  I opted for the stir fry mixed vegetables that had cabbage, broccoli, bean sprouts and carrots.  I had them add chicken to it without any sauce.  I made sure the server knew I didn't want anything put in the stirfry that had sugar.  Surprisingly it was edible (didn't eat the carrots) or the side of white rice that came with it.  I had taken my own 0 carb soy sauce just in case and a tablespoon of the seal sama, glad I did.  I felt so good when my friends commented on the fact that they could tell I had lost (it's been a while since I saw a few of them).  Yippee!! Life is sooooo good.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

Re: Survived Thai dinner out
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
Good for you suz !!!!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Oh yummm!  We need to do lunch soon  ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
Anytime TooSweet, it's great to find another option of local restaurants!  Thanks Jo!  It felt good to walk out last night knowing I had stuck to my FTS!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »
Hooray, Suz!!! :) :) :) :)

Life IS good!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
It really is easy ;)

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »
 ;) I went to Applebees and I had steak and double broccoli. Then I went to buffalo wild wings and the only thing I could eat was a paper thin hamburger and the only veggies they had was celery. so warning don't go there. Carabbas and macaroni grill are great and work with you. I go out to eat often and it is pretty easy but check menu on computer first.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
;) I went to Applebees and I had steak and double broccoli. Then I went to buffalo wild wings and the only thing I could eat was a paper thin hamburger and the only veggies they had was celery. so warning don't go there. Carabbas and macaroni grill are great and work with you. I go out to eat often and it is pretty easy but check menu on computer first.

Hi sweeties! :)

My wife and I found Applebees very good.
You just need to make sure your waiter understands what you want (and don't want).

This is true of most all restaurants.
They want to make you happy so you'll come back.

You may have had a not so good waiter.
We ran into this once at another restaurant. And simply asked for another waiter. The manager gave us 1/2 off our bill! ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:15:35 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »
Then I went to buffalo wild wings and the only thing I could eat was a paper thin hamburger and the only veggies they had was celery. so warning don't go there

Oh wow I'm sorry you had a bad experience...... they are one of my new favorite places to go.  You are right though they don't have much in the way of veggies unless you like celery or a salad.  Their salads are very good though and always fresh.  At ours it's 99 cents to sub in place of FF.  Just be sure to tell them to leave the onion and croutons off.  (Grilled blackened chicken salad is the bomb also!!)  My favorite has got to be the wings though.  Their rubs are either 0 or 1 for 1/2 tsp.  The first time I went in there and asked my server about the carb counts, the manager came to the table to answer any questions.  He brought to the table with him the bottles of sauce and rubs (which they sell by the way)  so I could see for myself.  I have never had a problem with them sending any sauce or rub on the side though.  I also like that they have a naked tender...... When I'm hungry for chicken wings this is my go to...

Here is a link that I have to their nutrition for items on their menu:  http://onemorepound.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BWW_Nutritional_Info.pdf

Our Applebees isn't all that great but I like their menu though.   Hmmmm Love Carabbas but I haven't been there since I started FTS  I need to check them out again.... thanks for that tip  ;)

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
I might of said it wrong . Applebees was great along with olive garden carabbas , the only terrible one was buffalo wild wings. Its hard to think at buffalo wild wings they dont have any veggies. Oh well I will keep trying. Only one so far was terrible.

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
I also went to Acropolis ( prob spelled wrong) greek resturant and it was great . I got chicken cabobs and instead of potato I got double grilled veggies with a bit of butter and greek spice and they were helpful and it was great.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Buffalo Wild Wings is one of our favorites.  Garlic Parmesan wings!   :)

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
The only wings I like are honey bbq and thats a no no.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
I thought I saw a sugar free honey barbeque from Walden Farms on netrition...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »
Nothing is a no-no just ask umpa ;)