Author Topic: New today!  (Read 2478 times)

momx04

• View Profile
New today!
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »
Hi, I'm new here.  My husband bought me this book for Christmas  ???  and I won't lie, I was pretty mad at him!  Needless to say, it took me a few months, but I finally read the book...in about 2 hours!   I couldn't put it down.  I have tried to put it to use in the last 2 days and I think I am doing well.  Can someone point me in the direction of a great grocery list.  I am searching my kitchen and realizing I HAVE NOTHING TO EAT!  Everything needs to go! 

Thanks for the help!
Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

joagain

Re: New today!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
Welcome to the FTS forum ! I think there is one in the book or if not I took my book with me to the store the first time and just bought the low carb veggies and meat . Good luck on your FTS journey .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
Welcome to the family :) The best grocery list to begin with is right in your book. Look at the ingredient list and the veggie list  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
Welcome to FTS!! Just remember to read all the labels at the store and you'll do great!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »
I hear you -- I was just watching what I was eating and doing okay when my husband brought home the book and asked me to read it. I did and it made sense. We've both been doing the program since October 1st.

Check out everyone's meal plans here on this board and it will give you a really good idea what people eat, how much, and how they change it around from day to day.

Good luck and welcome!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum family momx04!! I'm sure your husband gave you the book because he loves you and wants you around for a long time.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:50:42 AM »
Your husband is a brave man!! So is mine,he pokes people in the belly and says *you need my book*!I am umpa,dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.There are shopping lists in the book.There are tons of recipes here on forum and there are cookbooks also.Enjoy the forum. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »
Hi momx04!  :)

Your husband truly loves you very much for doing that!
Not every man would have the same courage.

The secret to success with this lifestyle is that, rather than depriving ourselves of our favorite "undesirable" foods, we REPLACE them with yummy FTS alternatives.

Look in the recipe section of this forum.
Every one of the recipes I've tried there is wonderful!!!
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »
Thank you All.
I started the program on Sunday. I am down 5 pounds on Wednesday.  REALLY?    ;D :D

Thanks for the info about checking out the meal plans...That is the perfect way to start!

Umpa, thank you for the navigation around the site.  It was really helpful

I cannot believe the headache (which is subsiding today).  I cannot believe the sugar addition is real.  I am living proof!

Thanks to all I am so excited to be on this journey!~

Theresa
How do I get a ticker?

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess