Author Topic: Been gone a LONG while ... 2 more weeks and I'll be back, though!  (Read 6035 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Been gone a LONG while ... 2 more weeks and I'll be back, though!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
Good for you!..did u know our daughter Haley has a 5-0 grade av at UT  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
... I had delicious fried eggs with some melted cheese on top this morning (at 4:30 a.m., no less - I commute via ferry) and it's almost 9:00 a.m. and not a hint of hunger AT ALL!

Thanks again for the suggestion about selling that garbage.  Can't wait to share the joys of eating good food and losing weight!

Gail in WA

Hi, Gail! :)

My favorite breakfast is a 3-egg cheddar cheese omelet with a couple of sausage patties.

When I eat that, I can go out and dig and set fence posts ALL day without getting hungry. ;D
But I make sure to stay hydrated with plenty of plain water and chew Trident gum.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Gail I keep sweets in the freezer.That way when I want them they are there but not in my face where I think I have to eat them before they go bad ;)

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
I am so grateful and thankful for all the great suggestions and encouragement.  I was looking through some recipes and the Butterfinger pieces REALLY caught my eye (Butterfinger - my all-time favorite).  The beauty is that you can make them any size you want, and a small piece would be enough to soothe the savage beast, but not lead to dangerous desire for sweets.

Day 1 went GREAT - and I didn't even have anything of a sweet nature other than one piece of sugar-free gum - hallelujah!  I had baked chicken with a mayo/salsa "dip" along with salad and italian dressing and was completely satisfied.  Didn't even night snack!  A miracle in itself.

Day 2 began with scrambled eggs and bacon at a place in my building.  A few months ago I tried eggs at Organics to Go in my building and it was obvious something had been added - and it tasted flour-like - yuk!  I'm gonna cook up some eggs/veggies/cheese and take 'em to work to warm up in the mircowave for the next few days, along with some bacon (nitrate/nitrite free) - saves money and tastes better anyway.

Thank you thank you thank you ... again!

Gail in WA
Gail in WA (the state)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
Detox is two weeks.Being prepared is essential ;)