Author Topic: tomato pizza base  (Read 3210 times)

vlinder

tomato pizza base
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
Hi

What would be the best tomato base to use for a pizza base thats low in sugar?  Ive found a recipe that uses a zucchini mixture for the base but was wondering before I try it what the best alternative would be for the tomato base... any suggestions?

Thanks  :-\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: tomato pizza base
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
VLINDER marinaras are usually the lowest for tomatoe base just stay with 1/4 a cup. I also like pesto and alfredo sauce. ;)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:38:21 AM »
I Like the Monte Bene tomato basil. it is one net carb per 1/2 cup which is really good. I order mine at amazon.

vlinder

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
Thanks!  Will try the recipe and post it if it's edible  ;)

vlinder

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:25:14 AM »
I tried this recipe tonight and it turned out great!  I have posted it under the Recipe Exchange for "lunches"...  :)

vlinder

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 05:07:02 AM »
okay... have tried to post recipe but it keeps coming up with "error" report...  ???  Either file to large, (so tried to submit without photos) and then it said I had already submitted it... ::)  Here's the recipe anyway:

ZUCCHINI PIZZA BASE (6g)
Base (total 6g) : 1 medium zucchini (5g), 1 egg (1g), 100g grated cheese
Toppings I used: 1tbsp pizza sauce (one I used was 2.8g), 2 mini smoked kabanas (1.7g), 1/4 cup green pepper strips (1.5g), 9 olives sliced (1g), cheese to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven to 375F. Place baking paper on tray.  Peel zucchini and grate.  Squeeze out extra juices and place in bowl.  Beat egg and add to zucchini.  Add cheese and mix well.  Pour mixture onto baking tray and spread out.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until pale gold.
Remove from oven and leave on paper, but remove from tray to cool.

Turn oven up to 425F.  Top pizza with desired toppings and bake till cheese bubbles.

I tried this today and was suprised how much it tasted like pizza!  Although a firm base, it's a bit messy to eat with your fingers, so I used a knife and fork.. ;)  I cut into quarters and had 2 slices and found it filling.  TOTAL carbs for products I used 13g.  (Of course it may work out less carbs depending on what you use to top it!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
I tried Caligirls Cauliflower pizza crust yesterday.I liked the flavor and it kept me full but couldn't get it to crisp.I think it was because I used parchment paper and fresh mozzerella.I will try it again though without these items.The zuchinni is a good idea too.I will try it and let you know.I like zuchinni for lasanga the best! ;)

vlinder

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
Oooh, I saw Caligirls recipe, Im going to try that next!  :)