Author Topic: Sugar Withdrawl  (Read 3110 times)

cindle

• View Profile
Sugar Withdrawl
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
Hey All,

I"m planning on starting fts on Monday and am just wondering if I will get sugar withdrawl and is so what to expect? I've been reading lots on the forum and can't wait to get started. This weekend I'm going to try and put together a couple menus together for the week so that I don't fall back into old patterns. I'll already have planned what to eat so that I just don't grab something I shouldn't be. Hope everyones weekend is going good. Ty Cindle

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sugar Withdrawl
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:28:27 AM »
Hi cindle - welcome, I'm sure you will do well.  Everyone here is so helpful - just ask.  From what I gather, sugar withdrawal is different for everyone.  I didn't suffer as badly as some - I mainly had terrible cravings for bread and pasta. If you have planned ahead then that's great, you will have stuff you can just grab.  Best advice is to clear out all the stuff that you will no longer need.  I packed up most of the stuff I would no longer eat and sent it to my youngest daugher who is sharing a house with friends - it was greatly appreciated.  I cook for the local craft shop on a monthly basis and my kids/friends come to visit - I actually just put all the 'no no' stuff on a separate shelf so when I cook for them it is there, but for me all my stuff is within easy reach in the pantry and fridge - no temptation.

Enjoy the ride  ;)

AliciaInTX

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »
I get SUPER irritable and cravings through the roof! It's so hard...but I know that if I hang on, they will subside and I'll feel SO much better and will lose weight, so it's totally worth the struggle. Hang in there! I would suggest going cold turkey, though, and not substitute the sugars with sugar alcohols at first to help control cravings. Treat yourself to a cup of sugar free jello in the evenings (I like mine mixed  with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese, unsweetened coconut and topped with a dollup of whipped cream!). Remind yourself during the day that you WILL get to enjoy a treat after dinner if you behave throughout the day and just try to occupy your time with other things and drink lots of water! Distraction and water are a huge help to me.

Best of luck! This is a great way of life. I am SO thankful I found FTS!

Thinisin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »
I usually have a tough time, so tough I quit. (cranky, headaches, tired, etc.) EXCEPT FOR THIS TIME!! I had 2 carbsmart fudge bars (3 net carbs each) everyday and didn't feel deprived or get the carb flu!!! :D Maybe it will work for you!? Losing weight everyday!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
Hello Ty! :)

The sugar detox experience varies a great deal from person to person.
For some, it's a nonevent. But for others, it can be pretty miserable.
Detox will typically last from 10 to 14 days. Sometimes a bit quicker.

One thing is common though... After detox, energy levels go thru the roof you'll feel great! ;D

During detox, cravings for high carb junk can get very strong.
That is why Doug tells us to remove that stuff from our homes so that it's not as easy to give in.

We'll be right here to help you reach your goal.
And if your detox experience is unpleasant, we'll help you find ways to ease it.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
Cindle you are gonna do great and we are going to help you! ;)