Author Topic: Confidence  (Read 2273 times)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Confidence
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
I think self-confidence is a benefit of knowing that you have your eating under control whether you are at your goal weight or working your way there. 

I was laid off from my job on January 23rd and laughed with a few friends that at least I'm skinny for my interviewing.  It was a huge relief to have the decision taken out of my hands.  The job was very stressful and my headaches are totally gone now that I am out from under the job requirements.  I have consulting work lined up and look forward to finishing out my career this way.

Never for a moment did I worry that I couldn't make a good first impression.  This forum helped me figure out how to live the FTS way and keeps me on track now.  For that, I am incredibly grateful. 

shawn116

Re: Confidence
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:06:41 AM »
I hate to hear about your layoff Andrea.  It sounds like it was a pretty stressful job though....maybe a silver lining so to speak.  It also sounds like you have landed on your feet  ;)  I wish you great success  :)

You are so right about the confidence....Getting control of one part of your life will migrate into other parts as well  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:54:33 AM »
Congratulations Andrea - not on the laying off, but the confidence to forge ahead and find a new beginning.  Sometimes we need to be rattled to make us move on and try new things.

Consulting works sounds like something new and challenging.  Good Luck  :D

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Confidence
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:40 AM »
best wishes on your new endevours !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
Skinny Minnie!! :D
I am sorry about your job my friend,but change is good.You are very talented and will succeed no matter where you go ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:42 PM »
The lay-off was a really good thing.  It was too good a job to give up voluntarily but leaving it behind has improved my health dramatically.  The future is bright and I'm loving the view from here.  Stress is a terrible thing, no matter how good I was at handling all the pressure.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
The lay-off was a really good thing.  It was too good a job to give up voluntarily but leaving it behind has improved my health dramatically.  The future is bright and I'm loving the view from here.  Stress is a terrible thing, no matter how good I was at handling all the pressure.

You're so right, Andrea! :) :) :)

Two things in life we should never waste is time and our health.
Because if we lose them, they're gone! :'(

I'm so very happy that you're out from under that stress! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!