Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 4793 times)

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
Need some help
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:49 AM »
Hi!  I'm new to FTS for about one week now.  I'm loving how the weight is falling off!  It's actually IS easy.  Thank you for writing such a wonderful book.  My husband and 19 yr old son are eating this way as well.  I'm still in shock over that.  What I need help with is this.  I started keeping track of my carb intake, and I've noticed that I'm eating about 15 to 17 carbs a day.  Is there such a thing as too low?   I mean, I'm losing pretty quickly, but I want to be sure that I'm doing this the right way from the start.  If I google this information, there is information about this way of eating as being unhealthy.  Which just cannot be true.  You are all surviving.  So I'd rather just get it from the ones who know.  Any help is appreciated, thank you!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
Welcome Rhonnie1965 & family.  My daily carb average is about 10 sometimes up to maybe 18 and sometimes lower to 6.  I don't feel deprived or hungry.  Some of the forum members can go almost 0.  I'm in Australia and our labelling is a bit more specific so even though you have zero carbs in bacon and cream, we don't  :( I just go by our labelling.  A lot of the medical profession and general public just haven't caught up to how damaging sugar is, not so much fat.  There really isn't any reason why we need sugar in our systems.  The whys and wherefores could probably be answered by someone more informed and don't worry - they will  ;D

Post often, we love to hear from new people.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Hi Rhonnie1965  Welcome to the forum family!!  That is so awesome that your Husband and son are joining you on this journey.  :D

Morgan is right....Doctors and nutritionists are just beginning to catch on that eating low carb is truly a much healthier way of life than the low fat craze/mistake.  Sugar and starch is just so darn damaging to our bodies, I can't see how avoiding them is in any way bad for you.  It's true your body needs a fuel source to continue running properly along with all the vitamins and minerals needed.  With the low carb lifestyle you are simply making your body convert to burning fat instead of carbs. and if you make sure it is balanced with most of your carbs coming from all the yummy veggies and fruits that are approved.....you are eating very healthy in my book.  Especially if you are including the healthy fats.    Going very low is not a bad thing especially if you need a boost to get the scales moving after a plateau, but when you are that extremely low your body is missing some important stuff.   I wouldn't recommend it for a long period of time especially when you reach your goal and you now have to feed your body it's fuel instead of it getting it from (the body pantry).   I always include a good multi-vitamin daily to be sure I am taking in what I need though just in case I miss something. 
I will have been living the Fat To Skinny lifestyle for 2 years in April and I haven't felt better in my life.  My health reports with my doc just keeps getting better and better.  It gets to be second nature and very easy to maintain but even I have to check myself....I still keep a log to keep me on track.  Carb creep is a real thing  ;D  Now that I am at my goal I still usually stay under 20 with once in a blue (mood) moon going over to no more than 25.  If I do that too much though I start to gain and crave things again....grrrrr  I should say though that I am diabetic so my maintaining may be different for someone who doesn't have this.  While I am able to now have freedom from all my diabetes meds my slightly broken body still can't handle the carbs.  I know there are plenty of folks here that have met their goal, aren't diabetic and still rockin the FTS lifestyle though  ;) 

Again welcome!  Please come in often and join in on the fun  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
Hi Rhonnie1965.  Welcome to the party! Don't be steered in the wrong direction by any information you read on the web. Stick to exactly what you're doing and enjoy all that new energy you feel and the new clothes you'll buy. Your net carb count is perfectly in line for your body. Stay in constant touch with the forum for support and be sure to share your recipes as you make them up  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
Welcome Rhonnie1965! I am Umpa,Dougs wife :) If i can help you please ask.FACT:Eating low carb is very healthy, we have lots of doctors that endorse our books and give them to their patients.FACT:Sugar is fertilizer for cancer. There is nothing healthy about processed foods,white flour and sugar.Instead we eat nut and flaxseed flours,fresh meats,fresh fruits , fresh veggies, and dairy.You can also have sweets!! All you have to do is listen to your body and see if this is right for you. ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
Congratulations, Rhonnie1965, and welcome to the forum. 

It's great that you are having such an easy time adopting the FTS lifestyle.  Come back and join in often.

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:06 AM »
Good Luck :)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Rhonnie1965!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I've been living the FTS lifestyle for over two years and...

Am no longer type II diabetic! ;D
No longer have high blood pressure! ;D
No longer have elevated triglycerides! ;D
No longer have cholesterol problems! ;D
No longer take any medications!!! ;D
And... I feel better, and have more energy, than I've had in 30 years!!! ;D

So go forth and get healthy with FTS! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
Welcome to the family.  As you are already seeing, there are some great people here who will share their experience and advice.  You are doing great.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Need some help
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »
Welcome aboard! I have been living the fts lifestyle since june 2012 and it was the best decision of my life ;D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Need some help
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 04:17:59 AM »
I agree.  Carbs are not essential to the body as an energy, fats and proteins are essential in our bodies.  The agricultural and food industry wants you to believe that no matter what carbs are needed in your life for health and energy, that my dear is a lie. So don't be afraid if you need support we are here for you. 8)

Rhonnie1965

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 06:53:21 AM »
thanks to all of you for the wonderful welcome!!  It's nice to know I can come here and get support and be able to support others as well.  Thanks Umpa, for telling me about the flours that are allowed.  That is going to help me a lot!  I've gone down one size now and i'm excited.  When I saw Doug's book online and read the fast and easy part; I thought "yeah, right".  But it is!  Hugs to all of you! 

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum jay12  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Rhonnie1965 you are welcome ;) There are great recipes in the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book. Tested out on grandson :D