Author Topic: Question - Silk Almond Milk  (Read 3279 times)

Tinkerbell2

• View Profile
Question - Silk Almond Milk
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
Hi,  I just started the FTS lifestyle and am on my 3rd week.  I love it and have lost 3 pounds which I haven't been able to do forever!  I use Silk unsweetened Vanilla Almond and the label says 1 carb and 1 fiber.  Does this mean 1 cup is O carbs?  It doesn't have sugar.  Thanks.

shawn116

Re: Question - Silk Almond Milk
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Hi Tinkerbell2  Welcome to the FTS forum family and congrats on the 3 lbs lost!!   :D  You are correct about the carb count it is a 0  ;)  I just had a glass myself with sugar free chocolate mixed in...yummm  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
Welcome to the family, Tinkerbell2!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats on the 3 pounds! ;D ;D ;D
You're off to a great start!

One other note about carb counting, if you see a "sugar alcohols" carb amount, that too can be subtracted from the total carbs.
But be careful with sugar alcohols... For most folks, they will slow or stop progress especially early on.

Carb counting become second nature after a while.
It will get to the point that even a casual glance a package will be enough for you to decide whether you should right away rule it out or not.
What you do today is what matters!

Tinkerbell2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
Thank you guys so much for your responses!  I really am happy to be one of the newbies.  I have learned a lot just reading the blogs.  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
Welcome Tinkerbell2 - congrats on the loss.  I'm sure you will do well.  Everyone here is great and willing to help. :D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »
Hi Tinkerbell and welcome!!  You can make some GREAT low carb shakes using the almond milk.  ....add some strawberries, sweetener, ice & vanilla flavoring....put it in a blender...omg.  It's great on a hot day!   I've made them using peanut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup too!  It's addictive.  ;D

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
Finding out about the Almond Milk has been one of the best finds for me. The Milk Shakes are the best!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »
SuzanneT 40 pounds down?Thats great!!! Hot chick dance!
Hi Tinkerbell  :) Welcome to the forum.I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Congrats on the [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]! ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:58:42 AM by umpa »

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:02:54 AM »
Umpa is a genius. There are so many options... you never get a chance to get bored or frustrated!

And Thanks SO much... I feel like dancing every day now!  You and Doug provide the tools. Now I know I CAN do it! There are no more excuses!
;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »
I just have the attention span of a two year old and get bored with my food easily :D :D :D