Author Topic: Just starting  (Read 6381 times)

sdskmom

• View Profile
Just starting
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
Hello everyone. I've read a few of the posts and this looks like a good place to come for support with the program. I read the book Friday and I'm not sure if I understand about the 20 carbs. Is that the amount we should be consuming at the beginning, or just after we've lost some weight? This is just my second day on the program - I bought the right foods and threw out all the ones I shouldn't eat, so I'm off to a good start. Any help is appreciated  :)

owensmath

Re: Just starting
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
You should eat no more than 20 net grams of carbs per day right now. When you lose all the weight you want to lose, you can adjust it for more at that time. It depends on your body and how much it can handle without putting the fat back on.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »
Welcome sdskmom!  This is a great forum.  Everyone is so helpful and encouraging.  If you have any questions, just ask.  Good luck with your journey!!

sdskmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
Thanks. That will make it easier!

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »
Welcome
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:33 AM »
welcome to FTS !!!!!! the key is to come back often for support & to also provide support for others:) hope you can be a "regular" and good luck in your journey!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »
Right now your only concern is to simply understand the process of fuel usage. FAT is stored fuel from overeating sugar (carbs) for years. It's your warehouse. If you want the body to start using it as fuel simply cut out all the sugar from your intake and do not exceed any more than 20 carbs per day. If your weight refuses to drop then cut more sugar out until it does. Stay the course until you reach your desired weight then we'll adjust your sugar intake according to your personal metabolism.

Welcome aboard!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

scottinflorida

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »
Welcome SDSKMOM!  I just started a week ago and this forum is great.  Keep us updated on your progress!

Scott

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:13:03 AM »
Welcome sdskmom! If I can help please ask.My name is umpa I am dougs wife.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Use the Forum. There are alot of wonderful people here with alot of experience to make your journey easier. ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
Welcome to FTS...we are all here for the same reason. Remember to drink that water! :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

sdskmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »
Hi Scott,
Thanks for your response. I am having trouble navigating the site - not sure how to reply directly to a post. Any suggestions? How is your second week going?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »
Hi Scott,
Thanks for your response. I am having trouble navigating the site - not sure how to reply directly to a post. Any suggestions? How is your second week going?

If you're asking how to make certain you are responding to a particular post within a topic like I am here, simply click "reply" then scroll down until you find the exact post you want to respond to....notice it says "insert quote" on the right hand side. Click that and the original post will be highlighted within the body of your answer. Type your answer as I have here and click "post"
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »
Hi Scott,

If you're asking how to make certain you are responding to a particular post within a topic like I am here, simply click "reply" then scroll down until you find the exact post you want to respond to....notice it says "insert quote" on the right hand side. Click that and the original post will be highlighted within the body of your answer. Type your answer as I have here and click "post"
Oh, I didn't realize this either.  Thanks, I learned something new too!

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
welcome sdskmom. so glad you found your way here. your life is about to change in a very positive way. looking forward to sharing your success!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2