Author Topic: Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal  (Read 9677 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »
Just received my Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal (hubby has now banned me from ordering any more low carb items from netrition for the rest of the month! lol).  The Vanilla Almond, Butter Pecan, and Apple Cinnamon are all very good for what they are.  Not the same texture as oatmeal more like cream of wheat and a little pasty/grainy because of the high fiber but tasty and a nice option for hot cereal and all only 1 net carb per serving except the Apple Cinnamon is 2 net carbs.  The serving size is very filling!  We can't expect to get the same texture on low carb.

Shihtzumom1 recommended them to me and since I had been a very avid oatmeal and cream of wheat eater this was a nice breakfast substitute.

Thanks girlfriend!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:30:12 PM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »
Glad you liked them.  I thought the same thing at first, not exactly the same as oatmeal, but close enough to cream of wheat that it will do.  I put a splash of heavy cream in it after it has sat for the 2 minutes and I find that it cuts out the pasty taste.  Dixie Diner/Bakers Deluxe also has a hot cereal, it is ok, but I prefer the Sensato.

Rena

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 11:57:21 AM »
I just tried the Dixie Diner type, but couldn't eat it. Really bummed me out, as hot cereal is one thing I really miss eating. Someday ... LOL!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
I like the Sensato strawberry and their vanilla almond.  I prefer them made with boiling water and not done in the microwave.  When it is cooked in the microwave it does have a pasty taste.  I also bought the Dixie Diner hot cereal and am not crazy about it, but eat it once in a while because it is too expensive to throw out.

Rena

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
LOL @ not being able to throw it away. I feel the same way. I really couldn't choke it down, but I'm having the same issue keeping it in the cupboard. For Christmas, we got a big gift/sampler box with all sorts of low-carb/sugar-free goodies. The cereal was one of them. I'm not sure if I'll be brave enough to give it another try.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
Maybe add some nuts or berries.  Or maybe cinnamon or SF maple syrup. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
As a former FAT guy I can attest to the "guilt complex" of throwing away food. Recognize it for what it is, a guilt complex. Rena, here's your new rule for 2011

Every Bite Delicious!

If you taste something and dislike it......throw it away! Make it a point to make everything you eat a wonderful experience to be savored and enjoyed  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »
Thanks, Doug. That's what Rick was saying to me, too. He said if I don't like it, then there's no point eating it and getting those calories. I'm probably better off having a single serving of plain oatmeal with the carbs and ENJOYING it rather than eating something I dislike. Then I'd just watch my carbs for the rest of the day. I guess I'm just not THAT desperate for cereal yet. I'd rather fit into my pants -- ha!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
I like the Sensato strawberry and their vanilla almond.  I prefer them made with boiling water and not done in the microwave.  When it is cooked in the microwave it does have a pasty taste. 
For anyone who knows what Red River Cereal is (it might just be in Canada) the Sensato Hot Cereal is very similar to this since Red River Cereal is made with cracked flax and whole flax but they also have cracked wheat and cracked rye in with it, but the texture is very similar.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
Hot cereals make my nose itch.strange huh? :D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »
But lucky you Umpa to live in a warm climate during winter.  You don't need anything to warm you from the inside out!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
I have only been on Florida a couple weeks.When we left North Carolina it was 9 degrees.All the people in the Florida Keys were freezing because it was in the 60's! In North Carolina the only thing that keeps me warm is the hot tub! ;D

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
Thanks for the thread of Sensato High Fiber Hot Cereal.  I was really missing my daily bowl of oatmeal and even though it is not oatmeal, it's pretty good!  I also noticed that I was not hungry even a little until lunch.  Placed my first order with netrition and it came in two working days for only $4.95 shipping. What a deal!  I got the strawberry and the vanilla almond as these were the two flavors that were out of stock when I looked, so I figured they must be the most popular flavors.

I will definitely order again and thanks for the input.  I've found a new breakfast food that I can have once or twice a week and not feel guilty!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
I also love that they are only 1 carb per serving with lost of fibre.  With a little splash of heavy cream they are very filling!!  I put a little cinnamon in with the Vanilla & Almond, but I really love the Strawberrilicious with its light strawberry flavour, other than the cream I don't need to add anything to it. 

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »
I got the Sensato Butter Pecan.  I add a splash of heavy cream after it is cooked.  It is delish :)