Author Topic: Ready-Set-Lose  (Read 4579 times)

SeaGail

• View Profile
Ready-Set-Lose
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
My book arrived yesterday and I just downloaded the Fat to Skinny cookbook & sugar-free baking cookbook.  Now it's just time to start reading - reading - reading.  I am more enthused this time than in a long long time.  Perhaps it's the welcoming community on the forum and the personal interaction with Doug and Umpa, but whatever it is, I feel something special starting.  Can't wait to share my journey with you all and I thank you in advance for all the help and support.
Gail in WA (the state)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Ready-Set-Lose
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
This IS something special starting for you, SeaGail!

Enjoy your journey to a better quality of life!  :) :) :)
We're right here with you!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
You will love FTS, and once you get past the detox part it will get easier as you go!   My bet is that you will read the whole book the first day!  I believe the forum will be a great part of your success too.  Everyone here is so nice and very encouraging!   

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
Go SeaGail Go !!!!!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
Yay Seagail, you won't be sorry.  Just think how different you will feel this summer as compared to last summer.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
you can do it Gail:) take your time, don't go crazy making a bazillion new things,you'll over eat if you do...stick to the basics in the beginning....then branch out:)

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Thank you all - such wonderful encouraging words and great tips as well.  And yes, I did pretty much read the book on my lunch break today!  Can't wait to plan my meals for the week - since I have a long ferry/vanpool commute, I don't like to do a lot of cooking when I get home, and like to make something I can just heat up for the week for dinner.

Now I can't wait for my afternoon break so I can peruse the cookbooks again - I gave 'em a quick once over this morning.

Thanks again and yee haw, weight loss and good health here I come (it's those Texas roots with the yee haw).
Gail in WA (the state)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
HOOK EM HORNS!I LOVE UT! :D

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
I knew I felt a kinship with you Umpa!  Graduated in '73 - can't believe it's been that long, and I definitely have burnt orange blood flowing in my veins (I was in the Longhorn Band too, so the blood transfusion was complete).

Maybe one of these days before too long I will go back (if I can take the heat - have lived in the Pacific NW for 19-1/2 years) and march with the Longhorn Alumni Band (over 500 strong, usually).  Of course by then I will use my trumpet as a prop and let the youngsters do the actual playing!  That's a long-term goal.

Thanks again to you all.

Gail in WA (the state)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
Gail, I love your ticker!  A few weeks ago, I flew for the first time in MANY years.   It was so nice to be able to fit in the seat....thanks to FTS!   I'm ready to go again!  ;D

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
I do SO look forward to enjoying the flying experience again - when you are squished (and are squishing your DH, but he never says anything), it just isn't very much fun.   I have 4 weeks and 5 days before we leave - I think I could get some positive results by then - not enough for this trip, of course, but would have certainly been worse had I not made the leap to FTS.
Gail in WA (the state)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Before I met Doug I lived in the Hill Country at Lake Travis.(Lago Vista)My daughter still lives in Leander and is starting UT in the fall.Alot of my family members went there.My parents are in San Antonio and my sister in Houston. ;)

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
Small world isn't it?  My husband is from San Antonio.  I always claim Austin as my Texas home since I spent most of my Texas years there - from college in 1969 to 1991 when we moved to the Pacific NW.

I must admit I am going to have a few eats not on FTS while there in March since it is only a once-a-year trip:  in Austin, migas at Trudy's, Tex-Mex at Matt's El Rancho, a burger at Dan's, and fried mushrooms at Mama's in San Antonio!  But we'll be very active while there, what with the grandson and all, and like I said, it is only once a year, and is food we can't get up here (thank goodness!).

I think doing that will actually make me appreciate how I feel on FTS and I will look forward to getting back to it when we get home.  I actually fried up some jicama this morning (at 4:30 a.m.!!!) to have on hand (per Doug's suggestion).  That says how dedicated I really am this time, and perhaps I won't go too crazy on our trip because of how good I will definitely be feeling by then.
Gail in WA (the state)