Author Topic: Scott in Florida - 37 weeks  (Read 2391 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - 37 weeks
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:36:12 AM »
Down by .6 pounds this week.  Chinese buffet on Sunday was no help in that regard :)

I am reading a very interesting book right now:

http://tinyurl.com/5umzt5p

It's called "Your Body's Many Cries For Water".  Written by a doctor, and he says what we all know to be true - we don't drink enough water.  However, he presents strong evidence that water can actually cure a lot of our ailments.  He gives a lot of examples of patients that he has treated just by having them drink sufficient water, and the results are pretty amazing.  His motto is: "You're not sick, you're just thirsty".

So for a week I am having no coffee (I am not a big coffee drinker anyway) and no Diet Coke (2-4 cans a day normally).  And I am drinking 2 quarts of water every day.  I know it's good for me and the right thing to do, and I want to see if there are any noticeable signs after a week.

Obviously we all know that drinking more water is a good thing.  How much do you guys drink each day?

joagain

Re: Scott in Florida - 37 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
2 quarts -2 1/2 quarts 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
2 quarts of herbal infusions and 2 quarts of water ;)

scottinflorida

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
I think I will be doing more than 2 quarts.  Had 1 quart down by 8:30 am.

Umpa, what is an "herbal infusion"?  I'm picturing a syringe filled with Basil and Chives.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »
2 ounces of herbs to 2 quarts of water.Put the dried herbs in 2 qt mason jar pour boiling water over them and cap and let sit 8 hours.(do this in sink) I love nettle,comfrey,oatstraw,red clover,burdock,nettle root just to name a few.Very cheap and a great way to get your vitamins.Go to susunweed.com for videos and info.I started drinking these for menopause ,and i now have no syptoms.The nettle infusion is a good one to start with.It tastes like spinach and it will give you lots of energy ! If I miss a day I can feel it.A pound of nettle is about $8 ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
Hi Scott! :)

I have been harping about the importance of drinking LOTS of water for a long time here.
My doctor convinced me that it is very important for preserving and promoting good health.
I drink between 3-4 quarts of plain water EVERY DAY!

Most of the benefits from drinking plenty of water appear over the long term.
Like helping the skin stay younger looking much longer, aid in weight loss, and generally flushing out the bad things our bodies produce that can make us ill.

If you cut out the coffee and pop and replace them with water, don't be surprised if your weight loss speeds up! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
BTW, Scott... WAY TO GO!!! ;D ;D ;D

You're now within spittin' distance of your goal.
Congrats buddy! :)
What you do today is what matters!