Author Topic: Here's what I ate today, how did I do?  (Read 8427 times)

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
Here's what I ate today, how did I do?
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »
I'm liking this...I'm not hungry!!!  I'm not craving sweets as much today!  Any eating plan where I can eat hot wings all the time is for me!  Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast 10am:  Ate 5 thincakes (11 carbs), mayo, turkey, sprouts, cheese on each one...filling
2:45pm:  Had a whey shake (5 carbs for the whole thing), some unsweetened almond milk, decaf coffee, vanilla (stevia sweetened, all natural) whey powder, ice, splash of half and half, TBSP. raw cacao, 2 TBSP. chia seeds (zero net carbs...so healthy), 2 TBSP. flax meal, cinnamon, stevia (a little extra)..very delicious and fills me up
5:10pm Caesar salad with my own dressing (delicious, I posted the recipe under recipes) made with only romaine and spinach greens
6:30 Hot wings (I made baked chicken wings, rolled them in parm cheese, salt, pepper, garlic...then baked them up), after baking them, I put them in Frank's sauce with some butter in the sauce, celery, blue cheese
***That was my day of eating, how did I do?  I am not hungry!! ME???!!!  Also, craving sweets but not as badly. If I get hungry tonight, I may have a whey shake with only whey powder (1.5 carbs) and decaf, a little half and half.
Thanks for the help! Marian

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Here's what I ate today, how did I do?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:22 PM »
Switch to heavy cream.  It has fewer carbs than half and half.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:54:41 AM »
I am not hungry!! ME???!!!

Yes YOU!  Haha  That is great!!   ;D  I agree with Andrea.  If you switch to heavy whipping cream you can lower those carbs.  Also what are the 5 thincakes (11 carbs)?  You might could replace those with something that may be lower in carbs as well  ;)
The more wiggle room you have with those carbs the better.
Here is a couple of bread ideas: These are all gluten free too ;D  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=74.0
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=968.0 , http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=168.0 , (my personal favorite)  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1341.45

You can replace any sweetener in the recipes with stevia  ;)  Also don't forget you can use the romaine lettuce for even lower carbs

Keep up the good work Marian!  Go go go!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
 ;D good job

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »
Thank you so much for the help.  I would like to keep posting what I eat, is this the right place to post that?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
Thank you so much for the help.  I would like to keep posting what I eat, is this the right place to post that?

Hi, Marian! :)

Here's the board (under the Recipe Exchange) that's set up for posting meal plans;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
Ok, folks, please tell me how I'm doing again today.  not even hungry today, miracle
At 11am I had my whey shake, had gut issues a bit...wasn't too hungry until now about 5pm or so.  So, now I'm eating ceasar salad with Costco rotisserie chicken, skin and all mixed up with Frank's hot sauce and blue cheese heated up in the pan and thrown on top of my salad :))  I may or may not eat anything else tonight if I do, it will be another whey shake although it's bitterly cold outside to have an icy shake! I found these "Flackers" crackers today and bought some (so expensive for so little), they are 1 carb for SIX of them...1 net carb that is.  I ate about 4 of them for a snack today with a slice of meunster cheese.  Is there a cheaper brand of these?  Anyway, thank you all very much
Marian

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
You are doing great Marian!!  I've come across those flackers too.  As a matter of fact I think our Walmart had some the last time I was in there.  I haven't a clue if there is another cheaper brand out there though.  Maybe someone else out there has had some.  You might could try to make your own crackers though.  There are a few recipes in the recipe section.  This one is pretty good:  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1485.15  and this one http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4019.30  They are very easy to make and much less expensive.   

I just want to put this out there.....Be careful of that blood sugar.  It's normal to feel icky while going through detox, but you especially need to pay attention to those lows.  As you know it can dip low if you aren't eating and get away from you in a hurry.  But keep up the good work girl!!  You are rockin this  ;D

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »
Wow, thank you!  I am so not hungry I barely want to eat!  That's unique, but it's also due to having daily decaf...after drinking coffee for a while, I get very ill from it and have to lay off for a week or so...I love decaf, so that sucks!  :P  TooSweet, I never have lows at all, I will have to check though to make sure.  I honestly have never had a low.  Probably too much belly fat or something.  Hey, you guys can see me on YouTube doing a little standup under Marian Weissman comedy...just google that.  Singing and playing piano is my main thing all my life though.  Headed to Vegas on Monday which is my birthday!  It will be easy to eat low carb there...or anywhere for that matter.  I think eating low carb is the easiest thing to do when eating out.  What do you all think?  Tell me about your travel experiences and how you've done it while away from home, I want to hear your stories about that.  Even today, I wasn't home most of the day and just didn't eat.  I didn't even know what to eat, really.  I didn't bring anything with me.  Could have stopped at a store and bought lunch meat and some cheese I suppose.  Or could have taken some nuts with me.  Just wasn't hungry though.  Is an apple with some cheese too carby to eat for a snack or mini meal?  How about some berries?

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »
Happy early Birthday!!  That is too cool Marian!  The hubs and I love to go see the stand up acts. 

You are so right that it is easy to eat low carb away from home.  When I'm out and about I take nuts, beef sticks and cheese with me.  Even celery is a good on the go snack with some cheese or soy nut butter.  I love to stop for a good salad to.  Many of the gas stations and truck stops are carrying hard boiled eggs, pickles, cheeses, pork rinds, nuts and sunflower seeds.... etc...... It's not hard to find something on the fly.  A grocery store deli is a great place to hit too. 

An extra small apple at 2 1/2 inch diameter is 14 carbs with 2 1/2 fiber.  At 11 1/2 net carbs that would be an expensive snack/ mini meal  ;)  Take some of those flackers to go with the cheese instead.  The berries are fine...just keep track of those carbs...they can soak up your carb total too....

Have a great time!!  ;D 

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
Thanks TooSweet.  I will cut out all fruit for now, although all fruit and veg have extreme healthful properties that I feel my body will miss (health-wise).  That's ok, I can cut out all of that for now.  I think eating this way is a new found joy.  It's great, I can even have sweet things if I'm having stevia.  And I'm not hungry.  Only problem is i'm not losing weight   ???  I don't know why.

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:02 AM »
Give your body a little time to adjust.  You are just getting started.  Have you taken your measurements?  It's a helpful tool as well.  Sometimes when the scale isn't moving the inches are.  Hang in there...you'll get there

Have you met SherriPie?  Here is a post about her success: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2304.45  After that post she went on to lose 60 more lbs!!  There are so many others on this forum too.  You can do this....one day at a time  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 01:03:46 AM »
Happy Birthday in advance Marian - hope you have a great day.  Glad to see you doing well  :D
Have fun in Vegas.

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:34 AM »
Thank you TooSweet and Morgan for the birthday wishes!!!  I will go to the links you send me for sure and read them.  I've never been part of a forum and never knew how.  Now I look forward to writing and reading here every day, it's the greatest help and support I could imagine, thank you Doug.  You and Sherri are great...you all are. I am so grateful to be part of this new family in my life.  I won't go on the scale or take measurements.  I have a bad eating disorder and I get obsessed, so I'm better off (believe me) not doing it that way.  I have to be utterly and horribly blunt here (I read a posting about constipation on here and Umpa said to say anything, so I am about to!!!)...when I can't reach myself to wipe in the bathroom, I KNOW from past experience what my weight has ballooned to.  I know how my clothes will fit and how I will feel when the weight's coming off.  I know it's not coming off, but I will NOT give up eating this way.  No chance.  Doug, when you told me to get a grip of myself, you were right.  I'm a very worried, scared person.  I know I will die if I don't take this weight off and keep killing myself with food and being so sedentary.  I write this at 11pm and I'm hungry.  I wish I could eat something, I barely at anything today as I wasn't hungry.  But I don't want the reflux...I may just have a very, very low carb whey drink, about 2 carbs in the whole thing.  Unsweetened almond milk's a great tool  I have to say that eating nuts scares me, I have to still figure things out and navigate through all of this, but Sherri, you're right, keep it very simple.  Thank you all for being there.  Your grateful friend, Marian

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Trust me we understand your fears...we have all been there.  Keep coming to the forum and post away...we are all here for each other  ;)

Don't be afraid of the nuts.  Get a food scale if you don't already have one.  I think I got mine at Walmart petty cheap.  Weight they out in portions and put them in little bags.  1 oz for each serving. 

Marian do you like eggs?  When I get hungry late at night if I have them cooked up, I'll grab a hard boiled egg and a piece of cheese.  Maybe even a Jello.  There is always room for Jello right??   Haha  Stick with it....it didn't take long for my reflux to go away completely.  It's been well over a year that I have had that problem.  I hate for my hubs...he doesn't eat low carb and pops those antacids like they are candy sometimes  :-\  You will be feeling so much better very soon  ;)