Author Topic: Sausage Balls  (Read 13828 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sausage Balls
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »
That's great Maddysmom!!  This will put you in the right frame of mind to sail through the Christmas season!

joagain

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
or this one

1 lb Pork Breakfast Sausage
2 cups Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 cups Pork Skins, Plain

crush pork skins and mix into sausage and cheese. roll into balls and bake at 400 degrees for 15 min.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 10:17:21 AM »
Thanks for the recipes Joagain!  So tickled to know I CAN have sausage balls this Christmas!

Hi Shihtzumom!  Now that I've made it through Thanksgiving, I know Christmas will be a breeze with all these great recipes.  I am trying to narrow down the desserts to decide which one (or 2 or 3) I'm making!  ha ha

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 09:40:31 AM »
Congrats on your numbers maddysmom! :)

joagain

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 06:11:59 AM »
Maddysmom I made the sausage balls yesterday and I am going to have to make another batch for Friday ,because my husband will not stop eating them . I changed the recipe a little this is what I did it made about 30-40 I rooled mine about 1 inch ,he was eating while I was counting . LOL
Preheat oven to 350,line cookie sheets with foil ,cook for 20-25 mins.

1 roll of sausage
1LB ground hamburger
3 eggs
4ozs shredded chedder cheese
4ozs shredded mozzarella cheese
mix all together then try to roll them all the same size so they cook evenly . Very easy and delish .

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
I will be making them in the morning!  So glad to hear yours turned out well.  I am anxious to see if my teenage daughter notices they are different from last year....??  I'm not telling her!  ha ha  I am so excited about Christmas!  We are expecting snow on Saturday!!  I heard on the news that the last time we had a white Christmas in the Atlanta metro area was in the 1860's.   I sure hope we get it!!

joagain

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
We are in Alabama and the news said the top part would get it and of course thats not us .

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »
We live in Gainesville which is in northeast Georgia.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Hey Joagain, I made the sausage balls this morning and they are great!  There's just 3 of us, so I cut the recipe down a little.  I just used 1 lb of hot sausage, 2 cups of grated cheese, 1 egg, and added  a little almond flour and flackseed meal.  I baked them 30 min on 350, and my family hasn't even noticed the difference!  I feel so sneaky!  ha ha

owensmath

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
That sounds great, Maddysmom! I will definitely try that recipe because I love sausage balls.

joagain

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
I am glad they turned out good ,all my family ate my no carb sausage balls and said how delish they were while eating all the poison  fudge & cakes , chips. tortilla chips. .
 I am so proud of myself for not giving in !!!!!!!! I hope everyone has a nice Christmas !!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:08 AM »
I am so proud of all of you! ;D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »
I made the sausage balls again for New Years!  I found that if you cook them longer than 30 minutes, it makes them alot crunchier!  I liked this last batch even better!   

hint....  Since you aren't using the Bisquick in the recipe, there's really nothing to soak up the grease from the cheese and sausage.   I made the first batch on my pampered chef baking stone, and the excess grease ran off into my oven which burned and smoked.  ha ha  This last time I use a baking pan with sides.....no mess to clean afterwards.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
In Texas my dad would make these sausage balls with Tamales and dipping sauces, usually queso for Christmas.I like to make 3 or 4 different dipping sauces when i serve them as a appetizer.I like a blue cheese,mustard, and onion dip.(Probally because i like to use my frilly toothpicks!! :D)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
I have a batch of sausage balls in the oven as I post.  I love this recipe.  I really do lose more when I have them to snack on.  I count them as one carb a piece.  I use 2 cups of almond meal and 1 cup of flax meal and  I use 2 cups of cheddar and 1lb of sausage.  I bake them for 30 min at 350.  If you haven't already you really need to try this recipe.