Author Topic: coffee  (Read 4159 times)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
coffee
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:03:42 AM »
Hi All ,
I know I read in the book that coffee is 1 net carb, but after doing some investigating I am confused. I use the keurig green mountain k-cups french vanilla and they say 0 net carbs . For the past week I have been counting 1 net carb for spenda pack and 1 net carb for coffee . Anyone have anything to clarify this? Thanks Steph

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: coffee
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
 Steph splenda will stall your weight loss its the malodextrin. You need to use Zero or stevia. Read the board on the homepage  on Splenda.You will be shocked!  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
Coffee has been a controversial issue in the low carb world for years, here are the facts;

Good old caffeinated black coffee is zero carb, if you want to sweeten it add FAT TO SKINNY Zero, if you want cream use heavy whipping cream it doesn't take much.

OK so what's the issue???

The issue is caffeine and it's effect on blood sugar. Past studies (which are now in question) show that caffeine can actually drop blood sugar increasing a person cravings and tendency to overeat. I count caffeinated coffee as 1 carb to keep the quantity in check. On the other hand I count decaf as a zero.

In your personal case you'll need to judge how caffeine affects your body. After a few cups of caffeinated coffee do you get hungry? If so, try a cup or two less or switch to decaf for that day and re-test yourself.

I love coffee and drink 2 mugs of caffeinated every morning and 1 mug of decaf at night.  ;)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
First off I must say the response you get back so quickly from everyone including the "super stars themselves, ( Doug & Umpa) is truly inspiring and makes me want to keep going with this. I am not a huge coffee drinker. I drink one small mug in the morning and that is it. I have tried stevia and I do not like it one bit. I do use the heavy whipping cream which I count as 0 net carbs. Looks like I will be ordering your sweetner because I just can not drink it without some type of "sugar". I am going to go to home page and read about splenda, I had read the chapter in book about sugar alcohols, and like I said being a nurse I do alot of my own research because I deal with alot of diabetic patients so I want to be up to date on knowledge. I appreciate all the help thus far. Is there anything else I can use until by FTS sweetener gets to me other than splenda?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:46 AM »
Use the splenda but be aware of what it is until you get your zero. ;) We are always here to help you.We want you to succeed. I think its cool that you are a nurse and can share your knowledge ;) We work with both type 1 and type 2 diabetics here so we have lots of guinea pigs to try products out on to see if labels are correct! ;)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
I look forward to sharing my "nursing"knowledge with everyone. To clarify Stevia and your product are both counted as zero net carbs correct?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
yes ;) Stevia and Zero are the only products that don't cause gas or tummy distress if you overindulge .