Author Topic: Sugar Free Candy  (Read 3367 times)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
Sugar Free Candy
« on: June 14, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
 I have a question about Russell Stover candy.  I love chocolate.  I have kept my carb count under 20 per day since on the program (I'm in WEEK 2).  Will eating several carb points in candy per day hinder me from losing faster if I feel the need to have this "fix" on chocolate right now?  I haven't had candy EVERY day and know not to, but just wanted to hear your opinion on this.  I have been eating very healthy and good food each day (eggs/meats/vegetables/strawberries/plenty of water) and consider myself an active, healthy person who will be 59 August 14th.

Also, I feel like my body is shrinking more than the scales are showing.  Is this possible???

SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Sugar Free Candy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
Hi Susie, Yes :) you can absolutely drop inches but not pounds. You're eating protein heavy which helps build muscle. If you're active you're most likely forming new muscle tissue which throws off the scale.

Enjoy your Chocolate, it's sweetened with sugar alcohols which do not affect blood sugar in quantity. Don't go past the recommended serving size or you'll experience gas...or worse  ;) Also, be sure to check out the home made candy recipes in the recipe forum!

Remember this is not a race, it's a lifestyle change so stay the course :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)