Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 2310 times)

cindle

• View Profile
And it begins
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Well it's been almost 12 hours since I've been awake and I think my body just figured out I was holding back the sugar train lol. I didn't end up eating everything I had planned to today and even changed what I had for supper and am pleased to say so far I have eaten only 13.5 net carbs for the day. Right now I'm happy about that however my body isn't I feel warm and have a headache. 13 days of detox to go hopefully it won't be that long fingers crossed. I think if I keep up with drink the water maybe it won't be so bad as it will be flushing the toxins out. I did discover that I got a craving for something sweet after I ate my lunch today. Does that happen to any of you and if so is that just my mind or just part of the detox process? Anyways I hope all you had a fantasic day. :)

shawn116

Re: And it begins
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »
Sounds like you are doing fantastic Cindle!!  Yes that is very normal.  Really it is both part of the detox process and mind.  It takes a while to get you mind wrapped around an new way of feeding your self.  You will see in time that once you totally detox and have too many carbs....your body will react to them and you will be able to tell.  You will start with the cravings again for sure..... Ughhh   :P  For me that is the worst part.  I can always tell if I get some that I'm not aware of or miss calculate my net carb counts....HA!   Like you said...drink lots of water, that will help a lot.  Know that everyone is different, it may not take you but a few days or a week  ;)  If you have another sweet craving and really can't stand it, go ahead and allow yourself some sugar free gum or hard candy.   That is what helped me get through.  Keep up the great work!!  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
You're doing well Cindle.  I found drinking lots of water does really help - even if you have to keep pee-ing  :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »
You get to count the walks to the bathroom as exercise!  That gets better, too, as your bladder adjusts to all the water. 

You are doing great and planning ahead and knowing what to expect is really going to push you toward success.  Keep up the good work.  We're all waiting to see the "OMG, I feel so GOOD!" post.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »
You get to count the walks to the bathroom as exercise! 

Well so that's the silver lining to all that pee-ing.   lol

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
You are on the right track and just keep reminding yourslef that this stage does end and it is SO worth it! *hugs*

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »
Hi cindle! :)

You're doing great!!! ;D ;D ;D

Your sugar detox will end when your body has completed adjusting. This may not take a full two weeks.
You will know the morning you wake up and feel your energy level skyrocket.
This could happen ANY day! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!