Author Topic: Thinking of having Gastric bypass surgery?? READ THIS FIRST!  (Read 49222 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thinking of having Gastric bypass surgery?? READ THIS FIRST!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
Elizabeth doctors give opinions.Thats what they do.Thats why we get second opinions.There are plenty of people here that have lost 148 pounds Sherripie lost over 200 pounds! No surgery and eating great!Ignore these people they are giving you bad advice. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »
Welcome to the family, Elizabeth!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Umpa's so right, Elizabeth! :)
I also suggest you get second opinions.
It would be a good idea to find another primary care provider that believes drugs and surgeries are the "last resort" and not the first refuge.

Doctors, friends, and relatives, by and large mean well with their advice.
FTS provides you an opportunity to change all that by changing YOU without the dangers of surgery!

And the other health benefits of eating low carb are so worth it!
Such as normal blood sugar, normal blood pressure, good cholesterol numbers, greatly reduced cancer risk, etc., etc..

This lifestyle really does work!
Mainly because we eat so well and have replaced those "high sugar" things with low carb choices that taste better than the originals.

After you've been living FTS for a short time (usually within a couple weeks) cravings for high carb items goes away.
In fact, most of us find the high carb foods we used to love, quite distasteful.
Most of them seem too sweet or yucky from the starch content.

So now that you've made the decision to live the FTS way, we'll be here to support you in any way we can!
And all this support is 100% FREE!!! ;D ;D ;D

Please join our conversations often.
You'll be surprised at how much more you'll learn by participating! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
Welcome aboard, Elizabeth.  I am so glad that you have found FTS and we're looking forward having you join us on the forum.

You are the only expert on yourself and you are your best advocate.  You are the only one who has to live with the repercussions of your decisions.  That means that no doctor can force you to have gastric bypass surgery.  Your best ammunition against the doctor is to prove that you can lose and maintain your weight by adopting the FTS lifestyle. 

I believe we here on the forum can offer you great support.  We are all folks who understand all the pieces and parts of the ups and downs of this big change in your life. 

I'm excited for you!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
... I'm excited for you!

I am too, Elizabeth!!! ;D ;D ;D

fineman

• I am truely blessed!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »
Please avoid anything unnatural. And I know people who lost weight quickly for first 3 odd months after the surgery and then gained a bit or it plateaued. So even with a smaller stomach one will need the right way to eat. And problem is only carbs. Our carb intake has increased while physical activity has dropped.  Earlier during our great grand fathers time they used to walk from one village to another. There were no taps. So they used walk to village well with buckets. Today if I have to go to my local market I take out a car. So while we need less carbs we are eating more with all the fast foods.
Today a friend dropped in with his 7 and 9 year old daughters. It was easiest for me to order pizzas for them with coke and garlic bread. And when they were leaving I gave them a choclate each as a gift. Later I was thinking what will happen to the next generation.
So in this era of desk jobs we need to drastically cut on carbs.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
Well said Fineman  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
Too True Fineman. ;) The answer is educating the next generation.

Val Copeland

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »
Hi, I'm new here! What a wonderful group of people!

This topic caught my interest because a few years ago, at my doctor's request, I looked into the specifics of having the gastric bypass surgery. I didn't like what I learned. I joined an online board for those who had it done and those considering it, and after reading about the pain, the vomiting, the dumping, the regaining, and the DYING. I knew I would never have it done. Then my friend's sister and sister's husband both had the surgery. She was doing fine. He had complications and they went back "in" to fix it. He died. He was only 52. She lost some weight but has now regained most of it. My thoughts were "I'd rather be fat!"

I've been on many diets over the years and only got fatter when I went back to eating my favorite foods again. What I like about this Lifestyle Change is not having to give up my favorites but simply change how I make them! I bought the 2012 version of your book from Amazon a few weeks ago and read it in one sitting (I like to sit! LOL) There are some startling facts in there and some terrific recipes.

I had already started eating a low carb way on October 4 so this just helped me to refine and reinforce my choice. I'm already off my blood pressure medicine and my pressure has been excellent everyday!

So far I've lost 17 pounds and my husband has lost 35! I'm looking forward to reading more here, and to getting to know all of you.

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

shawn116

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »
Hi Val!!  Welcome to the FTS forum family!!!   :D :D

Congratulations to you and your husband with the lose you have already had!!!  Wow that is great  :)  Be sure to come in often and join in, we love the company.   ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Val!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats to you and your hubby for your success! ;D ;D ;D

Thank God you did not get that surgery!!!
It's one of those treatments that is more dangerous than the ailment being treated.
It simply is NOT worth the risk!

Over the long term, diets are a good way to GAIN weight.
Every diet I've every tried ended up adding FAT and pounds.
The FTS lifestyle is the only thing that has EVER really worked for me!

Now that you've learned the "secret" to REALLY losing weight and getting healthy,
your future is much brighter! :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your (and your hubby's) journey to good health! ;)

Tony

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Thinking of having Gastric bypass surgery?? READ THIS FIRST!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
Hi Val, welcome aboard! You are going to love it here. I can add to this forum that I have cared for and have seen many people suffer complications and die from all of these weight loss surgeries. I am an icu nurse and when they make it to me they are knocking on deaths door ! I have seen more horrible complications than benefits to any of these quick fixes! I wish you the best of luck here, this group is fantastic. I have been here since June and love it ;D;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
Welcome, Val.  Come visit often.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
I will definitely make sure I warn all my friends about that surgery. I have one friend who had it done and she lost 100 lbs but now gaining it back. I will tell her about the FTS lifestyle and give her links.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:55 AM »
Its very sad the medical community is still doing these surgeries ,they are setting people up to fail instead of teaching them what makes them fat. ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
I hope the new doctor I find is good like my last one who wanted me off carbs and sugar. My cholesterol was high but she wanted me to lose weight instead of medication, I loved her!