Author Topic: Corn beef and eggs  (Read 4412 times)

joagain

Corn beef and eggs
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »
2 Cans - Corned Beef
4 - Eggs
2 Tbs. - Butter
1 Tbs. - Garlic ( not in the recipe but I add it to almost everything I cook)
4 Tbs. - Cream
Salt & Pepper

In a frying pan add the hash and garlic, make sure you get the garlic mixed through the hash thoroughly. Press the hash down firmly into the pan and cook over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated and crispy. Turn the hash over in the pan and cook the other side the same way. When the has is done transfer it to a shallow baking dish, with the bottom of a custard cup create holes in the hash and dot with the butter. Crack an egg into each hole and season with salt & pepper. Top each egg with 1 Tbs. Of the cream, bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are your desired texture. Serve hot family style straight from the dish or as an individual servings.

My sister found this on some site sounds good to me

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Corn beef and eggs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
Sounds interesting Jo.  Let us know if you try this. 

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »
I love corn beef but every time I find it at the store it has a ton of carbs. This sounds yummy though. How many carbs?
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »
The corn beef hash has a bunch of carbs you got to get the can of corn beef 0 -1 carb

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:40:44 AM »
Jo, did you try this yet?  I found 0 carb corned beef.  The name brand is Hereford.  It is a yellow and red can.  Does the recipe say what to do with the circles you cut out?  Do you press that around with the rest of the corned beef in the pan?  Or would you just save it for another meal?  I think I'll try it this week sometime.  Maybe one of those breakfast for dinner nights.  Your low carb biscuit recipe would be nice with this.

joagain

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:50:16 AM »
ShihTzuMom1  I cooked the biscuits with mine also made some honey butter to brush on top it was like a dessert .  I just got the little circles and crumbled all on top of the eggs and everything . cause they dont have to be big circles  I used a 2 inch biscuit cutter to make the holes . Let me know if you liked it , we did .

gpod97

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »
Hi Jo, your cornedbeef and hash/eggs receipe sounded good so I went to the store and bought a couple cans of the Hormel brand. I didn't read the label, just saw on the front it said 50% less fat. Anyway, I went to open the can and just happened to look at the label. I suppose I shouldn't have bought the reduced fat! It was 22 net carbs per serving which is about half the can. :o Yikes! I ate a salad instead, but Hubs did eat a full can with 3 eggs. He said it was delicious. Typically what is the carb count for corned beef and hash?