Author Topic: Discouraged  (Read 4003 times)

Mare

• View Profile
Discouraged
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:13:01 AM »
I'm starting to feel so discouraged :( it's my third week and I feel like this is isn't working!!! I'm so frustrated.  The first week I lost 9 pounds and the second week three pounds.  This week my weight had not changed at all.  Not a tenth of a pound.  IDK what I'm doing wrong.  I thought eating this way was supposed to have the pounds "dropping".  I eat so little compared to what I used to eat before.  I'm not counting exact numbers but I didn't do that the first week either and I lost 9 pounds then.  I feel like why am I eating this way if it's gonna be this hard for the weight to come off the same way it was when I was eating whatever I wanted and just counted calories!!! can someone please give some perspective?? is this normal? am I doing it wrong? (although I can't imagine how!!! I cut out all carbs and starches and sugars) I'm only eating greens, non starch veggies, berries, and sugar free candies Doug suggested. 

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Discouraged
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »
You might want to post your meals in the home page and let us look at them you could be missing a lot of carbs and that could be stalking you. Spices and condiments have more than you think like 1 tablespoon of garlic power 6 carbs !!! Don't be discouraged . Did you measure yourself at the start ? How do you feel mentally and physically ? Are your clothes fitting different yet ? I was stalled for 2 months and despite the scale not moving my clothes were fitting differently . Hang in mare it works I promise you that !

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
You are in your 3rd week and you have already dropped 12 pounds???????  Sure sounds like it is working to me!!  Congratulations! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
Hi, Mare! :)

I agree with Stephanie and Kim... You're doing great!

Normally, a genuine plateau will last for 3+ weeks.
One week is not enough to be sure.

But please post your meal plans in this section so we can look at it;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0
We can help you make adjustments, if needed.

I can remember MANY weeks (even 2 or a bit more) when the scale did not move for me.
Then suddenly, it would move again... So keep the faith, stay the course! :) :) :)

Also, be sure to take your measurements.
We will often continue to shrink even when the scale doesn't move.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »
Mare, take a breath  8) You've lost 12 pounds and you body is adjusting. Remember this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and you are not in a race.

Listing your intake on the forum will certainly help us help you, be certain to be accurate about everything that crosses your lips.

How about the quantity of food you eat? Check out this post please;

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=233.0

By the way, welcome to the party!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Mare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!! I know that post sounded crazy since I've only been doing it for three weeks and I did lose.  I guess my expectations are just unrealistic!! I thought I should be losing every single week, especially in the beginning.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
No problem Mare, that's why we're all here, to help each other. After looking at the portion sizes what did you discover?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »
just follow the plan and all will be well. Watch for carb creep though

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
Looking forward to reading what you eat. 12 lbs is a good loss in 3 weeks. I was lucky to lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks, had many, many plateaus but kept with it. So glad I did!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
Hi Mare,

Let me try to put your mind at ease. That is completely normal. I have been on a LC lifestyle for a while. I fell off the wagon a few times but been really good for most of the time. I lose very slowly and it really has to do with our bodies as individuals. One of my issues falling off was that I would compare how much I was losing vs others. NOT HAPPY I can tell you. I would sabotage myself. Then I came to terms that my body is mine and not someone's elses.. 12 lbs in 3 weeks is an average of 4 lbs and that my dear is EXCEPTIONAL...

Stick with it.. Check to see if maybe you are NOT eating enough and your body is getting mixed signals. You would be suprise. I tend to eat much less since my satiety is content with what I eat now. I dont have crashes like carbs cause..

Ive been where you are several times, but I give you my word that if you stick with it, it does work.. BTW try incorprating some exercise.. nothing out of this world. I only do 20 mins of treadmills or bike because that is all I have time for. Kudos on your 12 LBS LOSS>> THAT IS A VICTORY!!!!!!!  Look at the pic and see what 1 lb looks like.. 12 you say??? AWESOME...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »
Great advice, Alex! :) :) :)

Tony

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Tony you LOOK AMAZING!!!! WOW WOW WOW... wow, I leave for while a beautiful butterfly comes out of their cocoon.    rock it!!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:28 AM »
Tony you LOOK AMAZING!!!! WOW WOW WOW... wow, I leave for while a beautiful butterfly comes out of their cocoon.    rock it!!!!

Thanks, Alex! :)

FTS has been the answer to my prayers.
I've haven't been this healthy in 30 years! ;D

Tony