Author Topic: :( is this common  (Read 25908 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: :( is this common
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »
Here's the thing I take paxil and trileptal for bi-polar me and the doc have a very delicate balance going here, Im concerned if I had the chantix into the mix I will wind up in the looney bin. It took years to find the right combo of meds to normalize me so to speak. My mum might leave state if I get wacko again.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
hahahaha! Your mom loves you! she cooks for you! ( :DI would but a tracking device in her car though)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
Hi Ya Beebers....long timey no talkey :) I have a question for you....tell the truth....do you really WANT to quit smoking?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
That damn scale kills me. One day it's my best friend and the next my enemy. I had a problem about 10 days ago where I went to a friends and we had drinks. I don't really drink and what I thought I was having was a diet caffeine free coke with vodka. It tasted horrible but I just assumed it was the vodka, so I had her pour more diet coke in it to try and make it weaker. It still tasted horrible but I drank it, slowly all night. Then I went to pour myself just a diet coke and looked at the bottle. She had poured me regular diet coke....not diet. I was horrified...I calculated 70 carbs in the horrific drink. SEVENTY!! I started FTS in April and haven't screwed up like this once. You know what I could have eaten for SEVENTY CARBS!! OMG I was freaking out. So for the past week and a half I have been fighting the scale. That one drink made me gain TWO POUNDS and took me a week and half to loose it plus two more. It also feels like it really slowed down my system. So my husband has been listening to me complain this whole time and when I went in to weigh this morning I found the scale missing and post it note in it's place. The note read "I love you...your torturing yourself...I'll give it back in a week." He has taken my scale hostage. LOL

Hi Sherri, first of all I'm VERY proud of your husband, he did exactly what I would have done! Now, lets talk about the soda. I know exactly how you feel. Remember when I was stuck at the Denver airport and reported back to the forum that I had accidentally purchased and drank an entire 24 ounce full sugar Mountain Dew! I felt exactly how you felt but worse....I actually started feeling sick which caused me to check the bottle. Hang in there, accidents happen....you've lost over 100 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you I could scream!

Scared Eggs

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »

Hi Sherri, first of all I'm VERY proud of your husband, he did exactly what I would have done! Now, lets talk about the soda. I know exactly how you feel. Remember when I was stuck at the Denver airport and reported back to the forum that I had accidentally purchased and drank an entire 24 ounce full sugar Mountain Dew! I felt exactly how you felt but worse....I actually started feeling sick which caused me to check the bottle. Hang in there, accidents happen....you've lost over 100 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you I could scream!

Thanks Doug you made my day!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 05:54:17 AM »
I really do want to quit. I hate it. It stinks and it's gross and it's waasting money I could have to buy shoes!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »
OK then this is what I suggest. It's going to sound very unconventional but it will work.

Make sure you're safely at home and not driving anywhere.

Go buy yourself a big cigar and smoke it........every bit of it....inhale deeply every time you take a big puff until it makes you sick. It's important to get green over this and best if it makes you up chuck. This sends a message to the brain that smoke will make you sick......the end result, you'll be very turned off from even the thought of a cigarette.

joagain

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
Yes Doug that would /should do it . Gross

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »
Umm it might if I didnt already smoke cigars....Im just gonna quit today anyway. I have a feeling my diet is going to consist of a lot of sugar free candies and cookies the next couple of weeks....

joagain

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »
GO BEEBS GO BEEBS just cold turkey but if you need the patchs get them they sure helped my husband

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
Allergic to the patches. Couldnt afford em even if I wasnt.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
I really do want to quit. I hate it. It stinks and it's gross and it's waasting money I could have to buy shoes!

Hey Beebs!

If you quit the same day I did last May, and assuming you're a 1 pack a day smoker, you would have saved over $1,100.00 by now!

You could buy quite a few shoes with that much dough (unless you buy designer shoes, that is)!!!
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »
Beebs, that would be 110 pairs of Umpa's $9.99 shoes she found!!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
You guys are forgetting tax lol. I havent smoked for hours now and I have a terrible headache and Im ready to kill my dad he's driving me nuts and we dont get along well on the best of days... ???

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 08:03:16 PM »
Beebs,

Congratulations on quitting smoking!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
This is now truly the first day of the rest of your life!

We are here for you in this quest too, Beebs!

Your headaches and "shortness of nerves" are from nicotine detox.

It takes the body 3 days to detox from it.
Since you survived 2 weeks of detoxing from sugar, you CAN DO THIS!
When the urge gets really bad, take 3 long, slow, deep breaths in thru your nose and out of your mouth.
This helped me a BUNCH!
I also sometimes would eat a Tic Tac. Since they are very low in carbs, they're not a problem.

3 days after quitting, it's all psychological.
It pays here to find "distractions" and other healthy habits to replace the smokes.
What you do today is what matters!