Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51390 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 12:20:19 AM »
BLah. Today was bad. BAD. Worse than ever. I went to the hospital. They checked everything and I mean everything...even did a CT Scan on my brain. The only thing they found was an elevated BUN level due to lasix...which is basically acute renal failure. By not taking anymore lasix it will heal itself and reverse it. BUT no reason found for swelling. Catch 22, I swell because of elevated BUN possibly, but elevated BUN is because of taking lasix...so I swell the next day. Sooo the doctor recommended low protein diet (which it's never high anyways, I mean I'm a vegetarian) and going to try walking in the evenings and being a little more active and shooting for a couple meals a day and a snack. So who knows. Stay the course, keep the faith right?
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »
Taby just think of food as fuel.Your body needs fuel.When we aren't getting enough fuel or bad fuel  your body reacts badly.You need lots of water to keep your body flushed especially your kidney. Proper vitamins and minerals from food are also needed.You need a meal plan you can stick to that is 20 carbs or less. You are a very smart girl. You can do this and we will help.Start with a food list then make a meal plan for one week.Start small. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
Thank you Umpa :) yeah I'm struggling today too. My pulse was 147 yesterday resting...and it's not much better today...so I'm taking it easy. I will make a list of what I have after I make a quickie trip to the store where'll I look crazy because I'll probably have to use a scooter :\ ugh. Talk with you all soon! Thank you again love you all.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
Have you ever taken magnesium like the enteric coated kind? When I'm low in magnesium (which happens with water pills, low carb diet, lots of caffeine intake, etc.) I get high pulse, dizzy, arrhythmia, nausea, lack of appetite, gain lbs of water overnight. I am on a regimen of mag64 3x/day for 20 days then 1/day to maintain but a dr can't really confirm magnesium levels from blood tests, it doesn't stay in the serum it's a special test they can do. It's made a world of difference for me. When I was pregnant with my daughter I got arrhythmia so bad I was in the ER twice and they had me on a halter monitor and the care of a cardiologist and they could t figure out what was wrong with me. Only much investigation did I figure this out and confirm it. Maybe gt it checked specifically - a CBC won't tell you the truth about magnesium levels in your body. Do you get muscle cramps?

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »
Thanks Happy2bthin, no, I don't have cramps...but during pregnancy because I had hyperemesis gravidarum so bad everything was depleted, that's how I got chemical hepatitis...and I was supplements then...but it could be going on again, I will remember that, thank you so much, I appreciate it :)

So, today I felt much better...I was still dizzy and weak, but I feel better. Today I ate a salad with romaine and romaine hearts, black olives, a little chopped tomato, feta, and cucumber with an oil, vinegar, and lemon juice dressing. Then for dinner I had a small squash pizza like what Doug's video showed but waaaay smaller, only because my zucchini went bad :( LOL, it had 1/2 cup Rao's tomato sauce (3 carbs) mozzarella cheese, Italian seasonings, and that's it! I had plenty of water and 1 cup of unsweet tea that I sweetened with ez-sweetz...and I felt better this afternoon :)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:54:34 AM by TabyTaby »

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:55 AM »
So, Friday I was 238, yesterday I was 240, today...244. I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world that gains 4 pounds from squash and salad. Meh  :-\ guess we'll see what happens. I think I'm going to just keep sticking to it and doing what I'm supposed to do. Pray for a change.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 01:05:12 PM »
So, Friday I was 238, yesterday I was 240, today...244. I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world that gains 4 pounds from squash and salad. Meh  :-\ guess we'll see what happens. I think I'm going to just keep sticking to it and doing what I'm supposed to do. Pray for a change.

Hi, TabyTaby! :)

I understand how you could be discouraged.

But the science behind FTS is rock solid.
And if you are following the FTS rules and not losing, there must be something messing with your metabolism.
And if that's the case, I hope you get that solved soon!

Follow the FTS rules faithfully for a couple more weeks.
If no improvement, you'll should find a medical resolution to the mystery.

In any case, I pray that a resolution comes your way VERY soon! :)

Tony
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:10:13 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
Yay! That salad sounds amazing! I love feta. Just keep eating! :-) It seems to do you lots of good! Fresh greens are the best and have lots of vitamins and minerals. That can't hurt! Those veggie burgers sound really good! I may have to try them, especially if they're zero carbs! :-) Have a great day! Have you ever tried making a nut granola? I love it...especially when I'm missing cereal. I put pecans, sunflower seeds (I don't remember if nuts are a problem for you, forgive me if they are), shredded coconut, flax meal, some cinnamon, ezsweets (that's what I have on hand until I run out then ill get the fts zero), oh and some chopped almonds, stir together with melted coconut oil and bake until browned. I brought some with me on vacay and it's great with unsweetened almond milk. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »
Thank you so much Tony...I'm pretty sure it's fluid. This evening it's worse, my wedding rings and sandals didn't fit at all...so I know it's fluid :\ I am trying to stay on course. I am so grateful and thankful for everyone's encouragement. You keep me going. Happy2bthin, I've never had that recipe and I LOVE granola and nuts are no issue :) so glad you shared...I am so intrigued that would be an awesome snack I could prepare in advance. Thank you so much that! I think I'm going to take your advice and swear off the scale for a week...it wrecks me and then I backslide. Sick of it. Thanks again...will start again tomorrow :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »
Just keep eating fat to skinny and you will be fine ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

The scale can be your friend or your worst enemy.
That's why it's an "evil" little box.

Since that box has been effecting you in a negative way,
putting away for a week at a time is a good idea!

The largest part of success in any endeavor, starts in our minds.
And so does defeat.
By removing that scale, you're going a long way to succeeding with FTS! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
Thanks everyone :) I could use some successes in my life right now! Ready to see some good changes :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know I am going to have to go back to ER. I only have Medicaid for 2 more days and then I won't have insurance for a month. None of my docs are in town or able to see me, they all said go to ER. The reason why is exactly one week ago today I was 20 pounds lighter. That's right, I've gained 20 pounds in ONE week and I'm pretty sure it's fluid. I may refuse to leave until I have an answer. I am so swollen :( and very fatigued and keep getting headaches. I'll let you know what I find out, if I find out anything. Other than a weekly weight, I'm staying away from the scale because I'm swelling so much I'm not getting an accurate weight anyways. Thanks for your prayers/thoughts.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »
Oh dear!  Not good TT.  I don't understand your medical system.  Do you mean that you can only go to the ER as you don't have insurance?  What sort of people are you doctors?  isn't there a patient/doctor thing happening?  Surely gaining 20lbs in a week when you only have one kidney would be throwing up red (warning) flags to all those in the medical fraternity?  Take your kids in with you and let them annoy the staff until they get someone to see you OR better yet, collapse in the doorway so they have to pick you up and see you straight off.  Sending prayers and hugs.

shawn116

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
I agree with Morgan....big red flags waving high in the air!!  I like the collapse in the doorway too   ;D ;D  I don't understand why any doctor would still refuse not to work you in given the symptoms you are giving.  You might could even show up at your docs office and collapse there.  They don't like their patients laying out on the floor in the waiting rooms....bad for business  ;D ;D  Hang in there.....I wouldn't fret on the weight, just concentrate on getting well for now.  Keep us updated girl....  I'm sending prayers and hugs your way.