Author Topic: exercise and carbs  (Read 12035 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Re: exercise and carbs
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »
Got it!  Any suggestions on the sugar alcohols?  I picked up some RS candies to try but didn't know if they would stall me too?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »
Trust in science Sunshine ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »
Down .4 lbs since yesterday!  I'm trying to let go :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 02:35:33 PM »
Down .4 lbs since yesterday!  I'm trying to let go :)

Hi, Sunshine! :)

You're doing fine! ;D
Just don't try too hard!

It's like NOT thinking about the elephant in the room.
By trying NOT to think about something, we end up focusing even more.
So just relax and enjoy life... Do things you enjoy doing and let FTS do its thing!

Sugar alcohols are known to slow progress.
So if you find your progress slowing or stopping, they should be the first to go.
This is noted in Doug's book.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »
Down .8 lbs from yesterday.  I ate McDonalds (no bun no ketchup) for lunch yesterday with my hubby.  We had steak with blue cheese butter for dinner and. 2 pieces of candy for dessert .  It was a great day.  I couldn't get to the store for veggies as I'm not super mobile yet.  I'll keep an eye on the sugar alcohol consumption - thought I had seen something!  I still have to think thru it as it's not habit yet and the hubby is only partly on board.  I'll get there and sincerely appreciate the support.  15 pounds is what I have left to lose.  Thank you!!!!

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 09:07:46 AM »
Awesome!!   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 09:33:25 AM »
you can do this ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 10:47:31 PM »
Tony is very right. Watch for gains in muscle mass, that might make you think that you haven't lost any weight yet.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Say, what are the symptoms of an irritated rotator cuff?  I might have it...seriously!

Hello Sunshine - welcome to the forum.  Lot's of eager well spoken folks - they are the best - just listen to them and you will succeed.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »
This may or may not help you ereino, but here it is-

http://uhs.berkeley.edu/home/healthtopics/PDF%20Handouts/Rotator%20Cuff%20Sprain%20and%20Strains.pdf

From New York Times
REFERENCE FROM A.D.A.M.
Alternative Names
Swimmer's shoulder; Pitcher's shoulder; Shoulder impingement syndrome; Tennis shoulder; Tendinitis - rotator cuff; Rotator cuff tendinitis; Shoulder overuse syndrome
TopCauses
The shoulder joint is a ball and socket type joint where the top part of the arm bone (humerus) forms a joint with the shoulder blade (scapula). The rotator cuff holds the head of the humerus into the scapula and controls movement of the shoulder joint.
The tendons of the rotator cuff pass underneath a bony area on their way to attaching the top part of the arm bone. When these tendons become inflamed, they can become more frayed over this area during shoulder movements. Sometimes, a bone spur may narrow the space even more.
This problem is called rotator cuff tendinitis, or impingement syndrome, and may be due to:
Keeping the arm in the same position for long periods of time, such as doing computer work or hairstyling
Sleeping on the same arm each night
Playing sports requiring the arm to be moved over the head repeatedly as in tennis, baseball (particularly pitching), swimming, and lifting weights over the head
Working with the arm overhead for many hours or days (such as in painting and carpentry)
Poor control or coordination of your shoulder and shoulder blade muscles
Poor posture over many years and the usual fraying of the tendons that occurs with age may also lead to rotator cuff tendinitis.
Rotator cuff tears may occur in two ways:
A sudden or acute tear may happen when you fall on your arm while it is stretched out, or after a sudden, jerking motion when you try to lift something heavy.
A chronic tear of the rotator cuff tendon occurs slowly over time. It is more likely in those with chronic tendinitis or impingement syndrome. At some point, the tendon wears down and tears.
There are two types of rotator cuff tears:
A partial tear is when a tear does not completely sever the attachments to the bone.
A complete or full thickness tear refers to a through and through tear. It may be as small as a pinpoint or all of the muscle tendon. Complete tears have detachment of the tendon from the attachment site and would not heal very well.
Symptoms
TENDINITIS OR IMPINGEMENT SYNDROME
Early on, pain occurs with overhead activities and lifting your arm to the side. Activities include brushing hair, reaching for objects on shelves, or playing an overhead sport.
Pain is more likely in the front of the shoulder and may radiate to the side of the arm. However, this pain always stops before the elbow. If the pain travels beyond the arm to the elbow and hand, this may indicate a pinched nerve.
There may also be pain with lowering the shoulder from a raised position.
At first, this pain may be mild and occur only with certain movements of the arm. Over time, pain may be present at rest or at night, especially when lying on the affected shoulder.
You may have weakness and loss of motion when raising the arm above your head. Your shoulder can feel stiff with lifting or movement. It may become more difficult to place the arm behind your back.
ROTATOR CUFF TEARS
The pain with a sudden tear after a fall or injury is usually intense. Weakness of the shoulder and arm is often present, along with a snapping sensation of movement.
Symptoms of a chronic rotator cuff tear include a gradual worsening of pain, weakness, and stiffness or loss of motion. The exact point when a rotator cuff tear begins in someone with chronic shoulder tendinitis may or may not be noticed.
Most people with rotator cuff tendon tears have pain at night. Pain that is worse at night may wake you up. During the day, the pain is more tolerable and hurts with certain movements.
Over time, the symptoms become much worse and are not relieved by medicines, rest, or exercise.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
Thanks...I suppose I could have gone to the web myself..... ;D but thanks SusieO...much appreciated! 

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 02:34:42 PM »
It's not fun - it's amazing how many movements require rotation - even opening the dryer door makes me wince :(

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
You're welcome ereino, yes you could have.... :)

Aww Sunshine, that's not good.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
I hope you heal quickly Sunshine  8)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email