Author Topic: "STRESS"  (Read 4596 times)

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
"STRESS"
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
So far the only stress i have is the news & the economy.....am tired of seeing gold prices rise while the US economy crumbles, its stressful and they talk abt cutting medicare and social security & i find it very stressful & i wish i had a relationship w/ my kids, me being fat hurts w/ spending time w/ my kids!!! so i need to not get stressed from all of this because it makes me crave food and want to quit anything positive and overeat!!! my whole life i never finished anything and constantly run away to food for comfort!!!! am scared of falling again!!!!!!!  :-((

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: "STRESS"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
Hello Jim,

Try this prayer when you feel "STRESS":

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Most of the things you mentioned you have virtually no control over.  Being fat is NOT one of them!
Remember that your children love you no matter what you look like.
And that's what really matters!

Take peace in the knowledge that one day, with the help of FTS, you will no longer be a FAT person!
It's really all up to YOU!
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
Hi Jim,

Use all of that as a motivator to get in shape.. I too was an emotional eater, but you CAN take control.. I am 37 yrs old and I have been through alot.. My mom left me when I was 4 yrs old, my father chose his women over caring for us.. I lost my Grandma (breast cancer) when I was 13 and she was the only mother figure I had.. I was emancipated by the age of 15. I have been on my own since then.

I married young and got divorced young and had a baby when I was 20. Then I met a wonderful guy and a month before we married he was diagnosed with colon cancer.. I was 24 yrs old then, needless to say, it was a difficult battle that was long and heartbreaking and after caring for him for 5 yrs, he lost his battle to cancer.. I saw a strong men shrink to less than 80 lbs.. He was only 42 when he passed.. It was very hard.. I was only 29 at that time.. I have since then met another wonderful man whom I am blessed to be married too, but all in all, I have had my struggles.. We lost a baby and that was very hard on us, we lost our home due to the economy and being laid off when I was 8 months pg.. I ate and ate through all this.. that was my comfort and it got me to the whopping weight of 280lbs and diabetes..

I share all this because there is light at the end of the tunnel and F2S is one of the hands that can help you get there.. I found reasons to justify the WHY NOT and what was holding me back all along was me and that is the truth..

The awesome thing with F2S is that you can eat and eat yummy things.. If you have a sweet tooth, no problem.. Umpa and Doug have dedicated time to give us the bakery cookbook without the guilt..

Jim, you have to want this for it to work, if not, it wont work... Do you want this? Do you really want this?  If you do, you CAN DO IT!!!  Look at all those who have lost weight on this forum.. We all have our problems, but we have too move on..

I dont know your faith, but prayer is essential in my life and brings me the comfort I want..  God Bless!!!

Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »
thanku so much i can relate and yes i want it too work!!!! i want happiness & to take off my shirt at a beach someday and get on an airplane again and fit in the seat and go on amusement rides, etc!!!! am only on FTS for 4 days now and am over 450 lbs, so i have alot of physical issues in which i do not want to mention that keep me from bein a normal person and am so tired of it!!!! have a good day everyone!!! hugs, big jim

joagain

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
Jim this is the hardest time just hold on  in a week or so you will feel like a new man , we will all be saying a prayer for you !! 

But YOU got to stick to it !!!!!!  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »
Jim, I want you to listen to me carefully. You cannot control what happens in the world but you CAN control the 8 feet around you. I want you to put yourself into a bubble and create boundries. YOU control what gets inside of your bubble.....no one else  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
well Jim....1st off welcome to the forum:)
   moving forward>>>>>  this FTS lifestyle,and that's what it is,its not a "diet" a "quick fix" a "fad" or any other gimmick word/words you may have tried in the past,it is a complete change in your eating habits forever,and it could be the answer to your weight/health issues that you're facing in your life right now,which I'd be willing to bet are also the root cause of the majority of any other problems that may exist in your life:( at least that rang true for me. sooooooo reach out and grab hold,and hang on with all your might...i did and it changed my life forever!!!!!!!!!
     best wishes for your success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
First of all...let me say to Alex... YOU are amazing!  What you wrote touched my heart.

Jim, I wish I could just give you a BIG HUG!  SO many of us have been right there in your shoes.  I really believe that if you can hang in there for 2 weeks, you will be WELL on your way!  I know you don't have a scale, but I am sure that you will be able to tell a difference in your size even after just 2 weeks!  Also, you guys usually lose SO much faster than us gals.  

I heard an AWESOME quote just today..... "A year from now, you will wish you had started today."   Imagine where you will be in a year?  I bet you will be on here encouraging someone else and telling THEM to hang in there.  ;)
Jim...YOU can do this!!!!  Still praying for you!!!  :)
Jan
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:54:13 PM by Maddysmom »

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »
big hugsssssssssssss to all of you & thanks.....after 4 days am feeling better physically, am not so tired & am less energetic!!!! yes i would love to be helping others in one year from now!!!!! Thanks for the prayers!!!! i like the bubble deal doug!!! big hug for you ((((((((maddysmom))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
Bigjim YOU CAN DO THIS!  Keep checking the forum. This group of people is amazing.  Count on them for support and help.  Dig deep and have faith in yourself...we certainly do! ;)L ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
Bigjim this is for you.

I know just how you feel. Below are two pictures. The first is me with my mother, taken last April at Disneyworld. Notice that I am sitting in the picture? That's because I was in a wheelchair. I was so big that I couldn't walk the park. How sad is that! Also to be fair I have a problem with my ankle and foot and wear a brace, with all that extra weight I was carrying I just couldn't walk the park or very far at all without a tremendous amount of pain. I was also taking Morphine and the pain would radiate through that so I had to take oxycotin and other pain meds for the breakout pain.

The next picture was taken today, one year later. No wheelchair, no pain meds whatsoever and I walk the park all the time. For fun my husband and I go to Universal and walk around. No wheelchair, no pain meds AT ALL, no nothing. That is just in ONE YEAR. If I can do this, so can you. It sucks being big, worrying about seats at restaurants having arms, not fitting in movie theater seats, airplanes and rollercoasters. But trust me...I have done EVERY diet in the world in the last 43 years and this is the first one that feels real, like it is my new life plan. The first month of changes is the hardest but after that you will see that it just become second nature. If you would like to talk just IM me. I am a great listener. :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
Sherrie,

You are an amazing women!!!  Such an inspiration!  I must admit that all of you hold a special piece in my heart.. 

Jim,  I hope that gives you that boost you need.. Isnt that amazing?  You can do it Jim!!!!!

((((hugs)))
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
Bigjim we are all here for you.I think you realize by now that you have found a group of wonderful people that are more than happy to help you. We have all been in your shoes so we understand.Stick to it and prepare to feel better than you have in years in one month.If i can ever help you please ask. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 08:41:23 AM »
Well, Jim....looks like the family has shared their stress with you as well. Now it's time to be strong and let's get the job done, there's a big world out there waiting for you.  ;)

Sherri Pie............HUGZ!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »
Go Big Jim !!! You can do this !!!

Sherrie girl you are looking good girl !!!!