Author Topic: My daughter is on FTS!  (Read 6278 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
My daughter is on FTS!
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Hey Everybody....I'm back after a LONG week on jury duty.  I got on a case, and had to stay in court until after 7pm most every night.  ....with no cell phone.  :-X

Anyway, I wanted to share that my daughter is now trying FTS!!  I think most of you know she is 6' 2" and has played basketball since 3rd grade.  She will be 21 this coming Monday.  Six months ago, she decided not to play college ball any longer ...though she continued to EAT like a FOOTBALL player.  ha ha (just kidding Tony. ;) )   She stepped on the scale last week, weighed 200 lbs, ....and cried.  At her height, I think she still looks great, but she was NOT happy. Well, she KNOWS what to do.  Last Thursday she decided to start FTS and she's already lost 8 pounds!!!!   She is a happy camper!  :D   

I was tickled to get home at night and find that she had been making mashed cauliflower, low carb wraps, and even eating up MY last pack of crispbread!!  ha ha  Oh, she also has come up with a little creation that was yummy!

She mixed:
1 container of strawberry/banana Carbmaster yogurt
about 1/2 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
2 tsp xylitol   (I'm out of Zero....gotta order some!!)
6 strawberries 

She put it in the food processor and ran it on high for a while...til it was whipped.  It comes out like PUDDING!!  Then she topped it with Land of Lakes whip cream.  I was totally impressed!!!   .......just had to share.    ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My daughter is on FTS!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
Lifestyle evangelism.  Congrats, Jan.  Your example helped her make a really good decision and now she knows how to manage her health.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »
Hi Jan!... I was wondering where you've been.

So you're daughter was eating like a football player...  :D :D :D
I did too until I learned about portion control through FTS.

Eating that way is fine when you're an active athlete.
Very large amounts of blood glucose get burned while playing, training, and healing in-between.
But if you're not an active athlete... well we know what happens then! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
Glad to know she's following in her mummy's footsteps.  I'm sure she will do just as well.

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 06:31:44 AM »
I am glad that we found FTS so that are children will not have to get very fat and unhealthy before they do something if only we had been told about this years ago . In Tyler's case you would think 6 years ago when he was diagnosed with Type 1 they would have told us to limit carbs instead sent us home with a menu of 75 carbs per meal and 3 snacks a day of 15 carbs & lots of insulin . Needless to say he was a butterball within 6 months ,once I started my on research I cut the carbs down myself then that is when I stumbled on Doug's low carb video!!!

Does Madison feel lucky she is 6'2 or not I would love to had been taller

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
HiYa Maddysmom! We missed you! 118 pounds?? That is so cool! 8)
I am happy for your daughter that she has such a great mom to teach her! Did you buy another horse yet? :)
Jo , I am 5 ft 3,my husband calls me umpa(charlie and chocolate factory),I feel your pain! :D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »
Hey Jo!  Gosh I've missed YOU! SO glad you are back!!  :-*   As for Madison, the height was GREAT when she was playing ball.  Now she kind of wishes she didn't stand out in a crowd quite so much.  She's dating a basketball player, and he is 6' 8".  If she sticks with him, my grandkids may be in the circus!  :D  ha ha  just kidding.

Hi Umpa!  We haven't got another horse yet, but we have spent all weekend fencing in more land.  ... getting ready!  I am amazed at how much grass ONE horse is eating!  ha ha 

Joagain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
I am glad I am back too Umpa I got you beat by 1 whole inch !!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:08:35 AM »
 :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
I'm in the 5'3" club. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:58 AM »
Lots of Umpas here! :D We could start our own Charlie and the chocolate factory! :D
Original Old School Classic Oompa Loompa Music Videos

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
Can I join that club - I'm 5' 2-1/2" (and I claim every bit of that 1/2" - it's mine ;D). 
It's not fair, every time I have a 'handyman' job around the house I have to drag a ladder or a step to stand on.  Just a couple of inches more and I would be happy.  Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen. 
My brothers are around the 6' high level.  Mum always used to say that it was because I was a good girl and you got a pat on the head (basically keeping you short) and my brothers were - well boys - and got a whack on their behinds (thereby shooting them upwards making them tall).  As a theory - good as any hahaha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »
I'm with you Jo  5'2"  here LOL 

Morgan my momma used to say that she hugged and squeezed me to much to keep me small HA!  I've always been the shortest in the family and of course the baby.   I think your mum may have something there  ;D ;D ;D

Jan that recipe sounds wonderful!!  I need to get some more yogurt soon so I can give it a try.  Thanks for sharing  :)

Joagain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »
We could remake willy wonka !!!!!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
As long as they don't pay us in sugar (chocolate or candy) - unless of course it's sugarfree  ;D ;D ;D ;D