Author Topic: A good trip to the grocery store!  (Read 3129 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
A good trip to the grocery store!
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
Hey FTS family!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year!  I haven't been online much lately, but I do plan to be around A LOT more now.  ;D 
Ok.... Guess what I found at Kroger tonight?....GG BRAN CRISP BREAD!!  I couldn't believe it!  I'll be topping it with cream cheese & sugar free strawberry preserves for breakfast this week!  They also had Shirataki noodles in stock too!  I've tried them in the past and wasn't crazy about it, but I am going to give it another chance.  I may have some "spaghetti & meatballs" this week.   ;) 

Hope everybody has a great "fat to skinny" week!!  Love y'all!!!!
Jan

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A good trip to the grocery store!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
Hi Jan- Where in Kroger did you find these items?  Thanks!  Kim

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »
If you like GGs, I'm glad you found them  :)  For me it was like chewing cardboard, I tried a few times and then gave them away to my brother.  Are the shirataki noodles the ones made with konjac root (fishy smell)?  I find if you rinse them a few times in hot water and then throw into the sauce its a bit like tofu in that it absorbs the flavor.  Tastes even better the next day.   It's always fun to find something new and suitable when shopping - a bit harder in Australia as we don't have the range of low carb stuff that you can buy in the States.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:43 AM »
Another awesome find at Kroger's is their store brand no sugar added bread and butter pickles.   I have always loved my grandmothers recipe of home canned bread and butters, but the sugar in them is out of this world   :o  The Kroger's brand isn't sweet at all but when I get them home I open the lid and add about 6 drops of zero to them and let them marinate before I eat any......perfect!!   ;D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:10:50 AM »
Kim, the GG Bran Crispbread was in the organic/health food section near the produce.  They have a cold section where I got the shirataki noodles and tofu, and the Crispbread was near the "healthy" (not) cereals. 

Toosweet, I LOVE the Kroger sugar free relish too! I use it to make 1000 salad dressing.   ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
Hi Jan, glad to see you back :) I love my GG with cream cheese and a few slices of fresh strawberries or a couple blackberries. I also love the 50 fifty jams with cream cheese on GG. Be sure to store them in your fridge so they retain a good crunch. It's my everyday with coffee beginning :) We love the noodles as well, yes they are a bit different however if you cook them correctly you'll be happy. The key is rinse, strain, rinse strain, rinse strain then pat dry with a paper towel. Make your meatballs and sauce and when its hot in the skillet dump in the noodles and mix them up. Let them set for 5 minutes before serving.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
Thanks as always for the great advice Doug!   :)  I love it that I can now just pick up a single pack of GG anytime at Kroger!  Finding products seems to get easier all the time.  Also the "Good Nutrition" store here in town stocks TONS of "Now" brand products too.  I can get fresh almond four anytime I need it.  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
We love ya too, Jan!... Welcome home! :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
Thanks Tony!  YOU are getting close to your goal.  Way to go!  :)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »
Thanks!!  I'll ck our Kroger.   :)