Author Topic: How was everyone's weekend?  (Read 3684 times)

sbclark

• View Profile
How was everyone's weekend?
« on: July 05, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
We had a great weekend, took 2nd place in the boat parade!
 :D
I have never gone off the food plan since I started FTS...
I did have a few beers this weekend, I usually don't - I could feel the difference
today...yuck!
I hope it doesn't throw me way off!
How did everyone else do?
Sandy
Started 6/1/10

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
Re: How was everyone's weekend?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:55:14 AM »
Probably didn't do as good as usual since I experimented with cookie and candy recipes  ;)  Guess I will find out on weigh-in day Friday.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »
I took my own food to the church dinner AND the pastors wife and my mum each made something special that I could have. I did good and of course I made the mousse. YUM!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
Very quiet dougs in San Francisco so I hung out with the puppies :D

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:57:49 AM »
I do not vary from the program because I can't or my sugar will be messed up. I traveled 12 hours to get to my family in Florida. When I stopped for gas Monday morning, I offered to go to Denny's or Shoney's but they wanted to sleep instead. SO, I was stuck trying to find my breakfast in the gas station. I did it!!! I bought a small bag of roasted almonds and ate two handfuls out of it along with the sausage from a sausage biscuit. I threw away the biscuit and just ate the sausage. When we went to my ABSOLUTELY all time favorite rib place here yesterday, I ordered the ribs with no bread and my two sides were collard greens AND...... collard greeens. They were so good! Of course, I have leftovers for today. I just cannot eat as much as I used to when I lived here. I'm so glad to see such a positive change in my life! It makes me feel very proud of myself. There is a waitress at the rib place that became a good friend of our family because we went there so often. Her name is Brenda, and she is also one of my facebook friends now. She has been seeing my facebook posts about FTS and the pics of the food I posted. She told me yestserday that she went to the Fat to Skinny website a few weeks ago and ordered the book! Then she commented that she felt after reading it that she doesn't have time to "do the program!" I told her that it may have seemed overwhelming at first, but I have found that it's actually very easy and NOT time consuming at all. I recommended that she come here to the reader's forum and find out some of our tips and shortcuts and RECIPES!! She was encouraged by this and may even be reading this post! Who knows? (love ya, Brenda!)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »
Come on brenda! The more the merrier! :D

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 10:58:52 AM »
brenda.......it gives you TIME...... AT THE END OF YOUR LIFE...IT ADDS TIME TO IT:) COME ON IN ....THE WATER IS FINE:)

sbclark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
Wow Owensmath, that is great!
I felt the same way Brenda does...at first.
I don't know if I would have done so well if I wouldn't have
found this forum...it helps me tremendously!

I just made macafoney and cheese, after dinner.
I use it for the week to have a slice before work.
It tastes just like quiche!  All the kids love it too!  :D
Very filling...give it a try if you haven't yet.
Sandy :)
Started 6/1/10

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
We had a wonderful weekend too!  We traveled from SC to IN to see family.  I prepared food to eat while traveling and made smart choices when eating out.  Today ends week 5 for me.  Inches are coming off, but I am ready to see great results on the scales.  I am trying to take this one day at a time and eat right just for today.  Consistant FTS eating will eventually show great rewards in weight loss, more energy (showing up already), clothes fitting better, etc.  Hope everyone has a great day!  I enjoy reading your postings!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)

sbclark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Susie!
You were half way to Minnesota! Should have come to say hi!  :D

I am feeling more energy and not too sure about inches lost but clothes feel a LOT better!
I have always watched the scale too so it is disappointing to see it move (or not move) slowly....
I just take one day at a time...sometimes one MINUTE at a time.
We will get there!
We got to stick together!  ;)
Sandy
Started 6/1/10