Author Topic: Hi -- just bought the book  (Read 1557 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Hi -- just bought the book
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:41:03 AM »
Hi everyone -- I went to the bookstore in my pancake and popcorn induced haze (almost a drunk) and looked at books on Wednesday night.  I looked through the Fat to Skinny book but didn't buy it.  Well tonight after still more popcorn and 2:00 a.m. forays into the kitchen to prepare pancake binges, decided I needed to get back to the bookstore to buy the book and figure out what I'm doing wrong -- binging on sugar.  While at the bookstore tonight I also saw William Duffy's Sugar Blues book -- and you know I read that book way back when it first came out and it has always been tugging in the sugar-hazed corners of my mind that sugar is my real problem. 

So today is the day I start eating however this book recommends......because what i'm doing on my own for sure isn't working.....

Have a great day. 

Elizabeth

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi -- just bought the book
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
If you need help please ask.It takes two weeks to purge the sugar and then you will feel like a million bucks! Your energy level will go through the roof! ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »
Hi Elizabeth! You've come to the right place! Get rid of all the high-carb stuff in your house and start replacing that food with FTS deliciousness. Come here for support and encouragement. You'll love this lifestyle and this forum! (And WELCOME to the group!)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 02:41:57 PM »
Hi Elizabeth! :)

Like most of us here... You are a sugar addict.

Our bodies have become accustomed to have very high blood glucose levels for very long periods of time.
The moment the level falls, sugar cravings kick in and the urge to eat sugar (carbs) becomes very strong.

It takes most folks 10-14 days to detox from sugar.
This period is the tough part. But once you get through it, you'll feel so much better and your energy levels with be crazy!

You may be one of the lucky few that doesn't have bad side effects from detoxing.
But if you do (or do not), remember that we are all here to help you along!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »
Hi Elizabeth and welcome to the forum!  You have made the right choice, and you have come to the right place!!   I was also a sugar addict, and FTS is the ONLY thing that I have been able to stick with.  I really enjoy eating this way now!  Just set your mind to do this everyday, and your life will change!  Don't think you will have live without desserts, because there's GREAT sugar free dessert recipes here.  Check them out!!  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family Elizabeth!!  If you are addicted to sugar....boy have you come to the right place  ;)  There is a lot of info here on the forum but if you have any questions or ideas to share please chime in.... there is always someone hanging out here...LOL  I look forward to hearing about your FTS journey to the new you  ;D