Author Topic: I lost 9 pounds my first week!  (Read 7172 times)

skychant

• View Profile
I lost 9 pounds my first week!
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
I am happy to say that I lost 9 pounds my first week and I did not exercise.  I can't wait to see how much I can lose in a month.  I do not feel like I am being deprived and enjoy eating this way.  I really believe that I can lose the weight this time.

owensmath

Re: I lost 9 pounds my first week!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »
That is a great start! Don't expect to have those results every week, though. Be realistic and successful at the same time. Welcome to the FTS family!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »
Welcome skychant!!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:34:02 PM »
Thank you both. If I can lay off the Whitman's sugarfree coconut candy I will do much better this week.  I am going to start having a sugarfree jello everyday as a treat instead.  I am female and didn't think that I would lose so fast.  I have over a 100 pounds to lose.  I can see myself eating like this over the holidays.  I would love to lose 50 pounds by New Years if I can.  I definately intend to work out and drink alot of water.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
You go girl! Welcome to the family  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
Skychant... look up the recipe for Umpa's homemade SF chocolates. I make mine with coconut and peanut butter...yummy...

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
welcome skychant...great to hear of your good results.  hope you will read the success stories because they are REAL! my husband has reversed his type 2 diabetes eating this way ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

scottinflorida

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 06:32:36 AM »
Congratulations!  And thumbs up to the sugar free Jello - I have one every day at 3 pm!

Scott

owensmath

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 07:29:40 AM »
Oh, Scott! Are you a slave to the clock? : )

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »
I only pay attention to the time when it's time to go to work or church lol.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »
Welcome skychant! Congrats on your weight loss!I am umpa I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask! ;D

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
Does this diet really work? i need to lose between 60-100 pounds and i want the weight to drop quickly. i am now on the grapefruit diet and i have been on it for 1 month and 1/2. i have only lost 5 pounds

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
Welcome Keke.  Yes this does really work and no it is not a diet.  This is a change in lifestyle, one that is very simple and easy to maintain.  In 9 weeks I have lost over 20 pounds without very much effort, other than taking the time to plan ahead what I am going to eat and making sure I have quick FTS friendly snacks on hand in case I need them.  I have had 2 weekend getaways, my birthday, a wedding and someone else's birthday party and never felt the need to stray.  I planned before each of the occasions what I would eat and had backup with me in case it wasn't available.  Read the book and follow the plan.  Read though the success stories of the other forum members and look at their weight tickers on the bottom of their posts, that should tell you that this works.  You have to be prepared to make a lifestyle change, but honestly we don't feel like we our missing out on anything, we find an alternative to our favourites with help from Doug, Umpa and our forum family.

vlinder

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
Hi Keke

I had tried following the grapefruit diet too and put all the weight back on because seriously, who can follow such a ridiculous way of eating long term  ::)
I actually saw Dougs website that another anonymous person had posted on the Diet Hound grapefruit diet forum and took a read... downloaded the book, then the recipe book, went grocery shopping and started yesterday!  Overnight I lost 2.2lb...  Maybe its waterweight to start with, but its urged me on and I feel so chuffed and ready to carry on! 
I really didnt realise how many carbs and sugar was in so much of my food and if you take the time to plan and read some labels it will all fall into place nicely.  (Admittedly I went over 20 net carbs yesterday but will kepp checking and tweaking... have a bad habit of drinking tea with milk...like 8 cups a day and yesterday only had 2, had no idea there was so many carbs in milk!)
New and enthusiastic, but why would you deny yourself the chance of leading a healthier life  ;)
Give it a try!  I am, there are so many yummy things to make to replace your favourite foods. 

vlinder

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
I am happy to say that I lost 9 pounds my first week and I did not exercise.  I can't wait to see how much I can lose in a month.  I do not feel like I am being deprived and enjoy eating this way.  I really believe that I can lose the weight this time.

Hi Skychant
Ive just started and it was so good to read about your successful 1st week!  Thank you for sharing and inspiring  :)