Author Topic: Well my hubbies Diabetes is Back !!! DUH  (Read 3939 times)

joagain

Well my hubbies Diabetes is Back !!! DUH
« on: January 28, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »
Well my hubby was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes over a year ago . He cut his carbs (not to FTS level) but quite a bit , his sugar got back to normal and he lost about 30 pounds .
Well I knew that he had gained his weight back & I have been telling him to check his blood he said "I will do it later "(denial is a terrible thing ).
The other day he said he did not feel good I said (not in a nice voice ) why dont you get on the scale & check your BS !!!

Well he did and he has gained the 30 back plus 10 more ,& his BS was 175 !!! The next morning it was 158 before eating anything !!
So he has ate his way back up to Type 2 Diabetes agian . He was lucky enough the first time to be able to [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]lose weight[/url] & bring his sugar to normal eating about 100 carbs a day . I can not talk him in to going down to 20 carbs a day but there will not be any chips & popcorn  here for him to eat . If he wants them he will have to get in the car and go to the store .  ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:34:09 PM by joagain »

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
Re: Well my hubby is Diabetes is Back !!! DUH
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »
Oh no!  Hopefully he will get back on track.  My husband is a diabetic too, but he is doing FTS with me,  He sooooo misses popcorn and chips, but I refuse to buy them  ;)  We haven't been to the movies because he can't have the popcorn  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »
YES You can EAT your way right back into Diabetes....or not! It's up to you. Jo I hope your husband gets serious this time. You're doing the correct thing cleaning out your house.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »
You and Tyler will get him back on track  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
Binky  I thought I would cave when I went to the movies and smelled all that pop corn...LOL  I love going to the movies and always had tons of popcorn when I would go...or even at home watching.  Rather than giving up my loved movies I took nuts with me, sf gum and would order just the sf soda.  I really surprised myself that I was ok with that...LOL  I love the smell of a movie theater when they are popping fresh pop corn!!

I'm sorry to hear about you hubby Jo  :(  I'm hoping he will go along with you and Tyler to come back to good health....    
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:24:32 AM by TooSweet »

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »
I can not talk him in to going down to 20 carbs a day but there will not be any chips & popcorn  here for him to eat . If he wants them he will have to get in the car and go to the store .  ;D

Good for you Jo!  Make him work to keep his illness...sometimes we have to do tough love! lol  BTW love the profile pic! ROTFL
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:41:14 AM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
Too Sweet.  I am headed to the movies tonight and really feeling terrible that I cant have popcorn. My hubby gets a large one and wont sit away from me. Oh no  ::)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Well my hubbies Diabetes is Back !!! DUH
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Jo! ???

But your FTS family are right on about this... Don't buy foods that cause type II diabetes!!!
Your hubby should have to go out of his way to support the disease.

I don't understand why your hubby won't get on board with FTS despite his problem.
He must have seen what it's done for Tyler and you.
Given that, his behavior strikes me as very self-destructive.

All you can do is be supportive and not enable his disease.
By not buying chips and popcorn, you're doing just that... Kudos to you!!!

Death from diabetes is very unpleasant and painful.
Tell him you're trying to save his life. And do what you can do to not feed the disease.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
Too Sweet.  I am headed to the movies tonight and really feeling terrible that I cant have popcorn. My hubby gets a large one and wont sit away from me. Oh no  

Sweeties my hubs does the same thing to me...LOL  It's all good though.  My almonds or nut mix does the trick for me. I found that if I take the ones that have flavor they pack a bigger punch.  Like the chipotle BBQ....yummmm    The last time we went he asked why I didn't bring enough for him...LOL   Me no share  ;D  Next time I guess I will.    Be strong...you can do it!!  Enjoy your movie!!   ;D

joagain

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »
He has a addiction to popcorn like I did to bread . It is gone from here . I think that he felt so bad the other night it scared him . I started eating low carb when Tyler did I do not have the heart to eat what he can not .

I think his stress from work is what made him eat . and now the cutting of his hours will not help matters .but if it is not here he can not eat it !!!
Thanks guys and stay away from the popcorn !!! However I do miss Target 's popcorn & the movie popcorn 

joagain

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »
Well 3rd day he has lost 3 pounds (men make me sick how they lose LOL) and his suga was 138 this morning not good but better then 3 days ago . ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
I am happy for you Jo.I know you were worried ;)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
That is better Jo... :)   please tell him we are cheering him on

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
Yes Jo!... We are all cheering for him! :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
I'm glad he's getting serious again, Jo.

Rick was the same way and put back on a lot of the weight he had lost. He's back on track now -- although in quite the huffy mood -- so hopefully he can fit into some of his clothes. He was down to 2 pairs of pants for work and it was starting to get to him that he had to wash them so often. He lost something like 7 pounds in his first week. Men ... ugh!  ::)