Author Topic: Convert Melt In Your Mouth Lemon Bars?  (Read 2835 times)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Convert Melt In Your Mouth Lemon Bars?
« on: May 26, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
Ingredients

CRUST
2 c    all purpose flour
1 c    butter softened (no substituting)
Visit GoBoldWithButter.com
1/2 c    powdered sugar

FILLING
4    eggs (slightly beaten)
2 c    sugar
4 Tbsp    flour
6 Tbsp    lemon juice

FROSTING ( I have a sugar free butter cream frosting to replace this)
1/2 c    butter (softened)
Visit GoBoldWithButter.com
1 c    powdered sugar
1 tsp    milk
2 Tbsp    cold water

Directions
MIX CRUST INGRED. WITH FORK AS YOU WOULD FOR A PIE CRUST. PAT INTO A 9X13 PAN WHICH HAS BEEN GREASED AND FLOURED. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 15 MINUTES.
AS CRUST IS BAKING. MIX FILLING. AFTER CRUST HAS BAKED 15 MINUTES, POUR FILLING OVER CRUST AND CONTINUE BAKING FOR 25 MINUTES. COOL BARS COMPLETELY
MAKE FROSTING BY BEATING BUTTER,POWDERED SUGAR AND MILK FOR 6 TO 8 MINUTES ON HIGH SPEED. THEN ADD 2 TBLSP. COLD WATER ONE AT A TIME. BEAT UNTIL SMOOTH. SPREAD OVER COOLED BARS. [/size]
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Convert Melt In Your Mouth Lemon Bars?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
Hi Izzet! Hows the book coming?There are lemon squares in the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book. :)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
I thought so...just wasn't sure if it was similar.  Being lazy to search it. lol

I've been a bit busy and haven't been spending the time actually writing lately...but have been conceptualizing and figuring how I want to approach it.  I have been writing the real and basic story first so I can then convert it to a story line with fictional characters. ;) lol  It's a process that will take some time ya know. lol  Thank you for asking. 

Been concentrating on finding a full-time position w/benefits.  Have an interview on the 4th of June for a state position. :D  Keep me in your prayers during the interview process as I have to pass a polygraph and background check.  So worried I'm going to blow up the polygraph.  I'm a truthful person just my mind also thinks of every scenario and option as an answer to a question...it's never just yes or no which is what they want. lol
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
Love your new picture you look great! I didn't know you left hallmark.Good luck with new job. :)