Author Topic: Just started this program  (Read 2932 times)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
Just started this program
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
I just started reading the book - Fat to Skinny Fast and Easy. I have learned a lot about sugar and ALL the foods that contain sugar that I didn't realize. I thought WOW! no wonder I haven't been about to lose. I am excited about losing weight with this program. Please any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have got to get rid of the midset that if it doesn't start coming off after a couple of days that I might as well forget it. This is where my mental state is. I really need help.  :(

shawn116

Re: Just started this program
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:45 PM »
You have come to the right place pamsway!     The forum is a great tool to help you keep on track and find encouragement when you need it most.  Plus you get to hang out with some pretty great people while you are at it  ;D

There is a ton of information, recipes and ideas on the forum...... you could probably read for days...Haha  but if you have any questions please ask...someone is usually hanging out or not far behind and will chime in.  You are right....you didn't put the weight on in a couple of days...so it will take a while for you to lose it.  Remember this isn't a diet...it is a lifestyle change.  If you happen to slip one day or feel like you are stuck....just keep looking forward.   Just be sure you are sticking to the FTS rules and the changes will happen.  The best advice I can give anyone starting out is to be prepared.  If you are caught hungry without a course of action you will be tempted to choose the wrong things.  Plan your meals, snacks, drinks and even extras like sugar free candy....keep a log and stay below your 20 net carbs.  Just keep it simple in the beginning.  Drink lots of water...it will help.  I try to drink at the very least 64 oz, but I shoot for 120 oz.  It will also help a great deal while you are detoxing. (Trust me on this one  ;) )   Realize that the detox will take anywhere from 2 to 14 days.  Some folks have it a bit easier than others, but hang in there....it doesn't last long and you will feel awesome after.   Oh and don't forget to take your measurements.  Many times when the scale isn't moving the inches are.  

I look forward to getting to know you and reading about your journey to the new you   ;D  

I see you got your ticker working great!!  Congratulations on the 2 lbs gone  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:26:37 PM by TooSweet »

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
Welcome pamsway - TooSweet is right. Lots of info, lots water, plan and ask questions.  Best thing to do is to clear out the stuff you shouldn't be having from your cupboards, etc, and move in the stuff you should be having.  Checking in on  the forum is what keeps many of us on track.  Looking forward to reading your posts.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:16:55 AM »
Hello Pamsway, welcome to the family :) The best advice that I can give you follows;

#1- Clear out your house, get rid of ALL the foods and beverages that will throw you of course. Don't save them or a rainy day you'll never need them again. Take them to a food bank.

#2- Follow the program, keep those net carbs less than 20 per day. If you have questions about how to read labels ask them here..at the forum and we'll get you straight.

#3- Don't be in a hurry, this isn't a race or a diet..it's a lifestyle change that you'll embrace and enjoy forever. I promise you the weight will come off.

#4- Don't get scale crazy...it WILL drive you nuts. Weigh in and write down your beginning weight then stay off the scale for a full week. Pick a weigh in day early in the morning...after you know what  ::)

#5- Get in touch with your bodies true hunger signals and only eat when you are truly hungry watching portion control along the way.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, pamsway!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ask yourself; "How long did it take for me to gain the weight I want to lose?".
If it took longer than a couple of days, you're being VERY unfair to yourself.

So adjust your mind to the reality that most things happen in their own time regardless if that agrees with what you want.
If you do that, you will be at peace with your progress.

I'm one of those that loses weight VERY slowly. So I know of what I speak.

One other thing... FTS is a lifestyle that will get (and keep) us healthier and skinny.
But it will only do that if we live it everyday of our lives.

You're going to do great! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »
Hi Pam! Welcome to the forum.  You are going to love it here!!  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
Welcome Pamsway :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.You are going to do great and we are gonna help you ;)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Pamsway.  There is so much great information here, you will love it.  And the people you will meet, at least digitally, are a wealth of knowledge and experience.  Ask any questions you may have.. you will be amazed at the depth and breadth of the answers you will receive.

MarkMoxom

• View Profile
    • LowCarb Mag
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 02:15:43 AM »
Welcome pamsway.

I know you're going to do well if you simply follow the plan and as others have already said, feel free to ask questions. That's what the board and the forum and we're here for.

One thing I would say though is that the diet starts in the shop or the store. If you don't buy and take it home it won't be sitting in the cupboard tempting you.

Cheers,

Mark
Editor of LowCarb Mag
http://lowcarbmag.com/