Author Topic: eggplant parmagiana  (Read 6140 times)

MommaB

• View Profile
Re: eggplant parmagiana
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
Thank you...I'm guessing the oven at 350 - 375!?! I've never fixed anything with eggplant...so I'm experimenting here...but I'll definitely try not to leave it in the pan too long Jo! Thanks!!!   :D

joagain

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »
I seen on another recipe they did not cook the eggplant first they sliced it thin ,layered  it just like lasanga sauce eggplant sauce cheese repeat . I tried it and it was better to me but everybody is different .I baked mine on 350 for about 30-40 minuites . Let me know MommaB how yours turns out .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:04 AM »
Check out the Sausage Eggplant Lasagna on page 199 in the FAT TO SKINNY Low Sugar Low Carb Cookbook....YUM!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »
Pan fry 1/4 inch slices it in water for about 2 minutes.Put it in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and you have bubbly goodness! :D

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
Yes, everybody is different.  I have always sliced my eggplant and let it "drain" on paper towel first, to remove some of the moisture and then grilled/panfried it before using it.  I have a feeling if you don't, the "skin" would be a little tough?  Its all personal preference.

I baked mine at 350 MommaB

I'm so looking forward to having some today....mmmmmmm
Ausgirl

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm fixing it tonight...I'll let you know how it turns out and if the fam. likes it! lol
On my way to "Slow-Mart" now to see if I can find Walden Farms marinara sauce (and to get some more sf chocolate flavoring syrup)!!   ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

owensmath

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
Our Walmart doesn't sell Walden Farms products. Nowhere local has it.

(MommaB lives in my town. We are church friends!)

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
I don't know what anyone else thinks about Walden Farms, but I bought their BBQ sauce and I'm not a fan to be honest.  I also bought their variety pack of salad dressings, not too keen on the 1000 island one I tried last night - to me they have a very very strong artificial sweetener flavour that is not very palatable.

Ausgirl

joagain

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
MommaB getting ready for the PB milkshake !! Ausgirl I did not like the the bbq sauce or the ranch I feel the same way you do . Sherriepie said the blue cheese was great but I have not tasted it .
 I found the Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch it has 1 carb per 30 grams/2 tablespoons . Idont know about you but I  would rather have less of something I love then eat something that is not so tastey !!!!!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
Ausgirl try the Renee's Light Caesar Dressing and the Blue Cheese Dressing both have 0 carbs.  They are the ones in the jars in the produce dept.   Check the other Renee's as well, I'm not sure if any more of them are 0, I know a few of them are 1.  They are very flavourful. 

ausgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
Hi shihtzumom, I do have the Renee's light caesar dressing, love that.
I just thought I'd try something different - I'm not a fan of Walden farms at all.
Thanks!
Ausgirl