Author Topic: I think I drink to much coffee  (Read 6716 times)

joagain

I think I drink to much coffee
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:45:18 AM »
I started mixing 1/2 decaf & 1/2 regular because I dont like the way too much caffine makesd me feel . So that was fine I always used milk and sweet low liquid in my coffee before I sarted FTS . then I went to HWC & my 0 liquid sweetner . but I feel that the heavy cream gives me so much fat in the morning . If you count a cup as 8 oz then I am probably drinking 3-4 cups .
  I know we are not suppose to worry about fat but like the livin la vida low carb guy he just eats so much fat that it is gross to me .(he is also gaing his weight back to).
 So my question is could it be slowing my weight loss down ?
  How many cups of coffee do you drink aday ?
 How much HWC do you in your coffee a day ? I just think that I am going overboard maybe not that is why I am asking   ;D

beebs

• View Profile
Re: I think I drink to much coffee
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »
Each 80z cup of coffee has one carb.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »
I thought doug said it has like .5-6   Thats what i been counting I was talking about the fat and calories from  lots of cream i use

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
Beebs is correct it is one carb per 8 oz. The heavy whipping cream is not a issue. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:10:53 AM »
Hi Jo, 1 carb per cup is the correct answer. Umpa's solution for me not getting too heavy with the cream is to use a teaspoon to measure it into the cup. If you want to see the difference pour a "splash" into a cup by itself and measure how much your average "splash" is. I find one teaspoon is plenty of cream for my coffee and my mug is 16 ounces (2 cups).

Jimmy's gettin fat again??
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »
ok here we go:( every place i check says black coffee has ZERO carbs,Doug has stated that he counts his as 1 carb per cup because he uses FLAVORED coffee beans..... Jo i drink no less than 4-5 cups per day...more on weekends:) and use heavy whipping cream and torani sugar free syrups each and every time:) and it has not had any ill affects on my progress or maintenance,just google carbs in coffee...here is an example  http://www.coffeedetective.com/carbohydrates-in-coffee.html

unless you're putting a pint of heavy cream in each cup of java..... i wouldnt worry about it:)
     tell fatty to step away from the carb buffet:(

David

• Dave B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
I'm drinking 60 oz a day on average, 3 20 oz mostly decaf, I don't use any sweeteners but I do use cream, I have been doing this for many years, being on the road all day I need something to sip on, if I didn't have the coffee I think it would be something  much worse in its place, I'm still at Dunkin Dounuts every day, but just for the coffee.
  Ive had to adjust my daily intake of edible carbs to count for my coffee lust, which is consuming 7.5 of my daily intake.

joagain

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
got it thanks guys I do love my coffee  Yes I read that he started a exercise program too lose I think he is back up to like 287 something like that . He eats 30-45 carbs a day for one thing and all that fat too much fat I think .On his menu blog he is staying under 1800 calories now but he was eating like 2500-2800- calories and 60- 70% was fat

joagain

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 06:46:47 PM »
I put about a tablespoon of cream in my 16 oz mug . I guess I would just have to add it into my carbs also like david said

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »
I would use heavy cream as it is carb free.

joagain

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
I do but if you lose alot it has a lot of fat and calories . I am going to just sloow down a little on the creme

bevxx

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 02:45:21 PM »
 ;D i may try mixing decaf with ordinary coffee..but tomorrow... as caffeine after six at night is not good for me...but that maybe because i'm not half and halfing it eh... ;D..x

joagain

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »
that is what I do bev I buy a can of ecaf & a can of regular mix them in my canstier so i want get much caffenine . I dont drink coffee in the evenings . When it gets cold I may drink a cup in the evenings but it has to be decaf I dont drink any caffenine after 8 in the morning . 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »
Coffee isn't the issue Jo, just stay the course. :)

joagain

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »
 Umpa I'm staying I told ya I got a XXL seat belt to strap me on .!!!!!